Threaded View

Proper use of a Fire Truck

I live near an In N Out Burger. I've noticed that the Fire Dept. drives their big ass truck there daily to get food. It doesn't fit in the parking lot so they park it on the street and put cones around it.

The other day I was at Vons. A few of the fire guys were at the meat counter picking up a shit load of New York steaks (must be nice). I head out to my car and notice that they drove the big ass truck there too.

So I'm curious... Why the hell does the fire dept need to drive that big ass truck everywhere? Isn't it a waste of tax payer money? I don't even drive my F250 to the store, I'll take my car because it's easier to park and costs less to drive. Then again I use common sense and don't enjoy pissing money away.

Can anyone explain why this is necessary? Someone please provide me with a logical explanation. I've seriously thought of writing a letter to the dept and the city but figured I'd ask around before doing so. I'm not trying to get all political but fuck... I have to write a pretty big fucking check to the IRS this year and for what?... For the government to piss it away on pointless shit!?
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 02-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.