Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I agree we need to increase the military pay too. If they got a pay increase...I wouldn't complain about that either.

It's not about how often there is a fire...it's about your loved one being stuck on the other side of a blazing inferno while we wait for the firemen to drive back from the grocery store with the economical car to get the fire truck. As logic will have it, a fire burns very quickly, it's life or death...sometimes within seconds.

I understand your point that it's not economical; however, economics isn't the only thing we should think about. You'd be surprised how much money people are willing to rightfully throw away to save one person's life.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    While I agree the military gets paid dog shit, I'd push for ending the Military Industrial Complex so that we wouldn't have the issue of underpaid soldiers in the first place. Not push to spend more money on never ending wars that we already can't afford.

Ok police officers face more danger than fire fighters on a regular basis? Should they be getting raises too?

I understand fire fighters do strenuous work. Just think of a forest fire. That's fucking intense. But then again, so is being a carpenter everyday. When you see a private company doing road work just know that these guys sweating their asses off all day get paid less than the Cal-Trans guy you see standing around babysitting people picking up trash. If the government workers got paid what they actually deserved, our state wouldn't be bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Some of you have been hitting the sauce pretty hard. You can CHANGE ANYTHING, until the PUBLIC WAKES UP!!!

Have another big gulp!
    Finally. Someone around here that gets it.

When these people go to pull their social security in the next few decades and realize it's not there anymore and also see that taxes on everything in this country went up, maybe then they'll wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    RE agents get paid an agreed commission by the seller of the property they're selling. If the seller didn't feel that a real estate wasn't worth the coin. They could shop around for a discount broker or sell their property themselves and pay no commission. Private money exchanging the hands of private people. Government on the other hand decides what they want to compensate a public servant and then they stick the tax payer with the bill. This is never discussed with the tax payer. They just steal money from the tax payer than give it to who they want.

As a RE agent (or any other business owner or private sector employee), you must prove your worth, constantly improve and/or upgrade your product/ service, fight to earn people's business, and rise above your competition by doing a better job than the next guy. In government you just show up and get a check. You have none of those responsibilities.

Nice try though.
    Remind me never too use you..

A RE agent? You couldn't come up with a better comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Get Some View Post
    Remind me never too use you..
    I'm not sure what you think I do for a living. It seems you're all wrong though.

While I agree the military gets paid dog shit, I'd push for ending the Military Industrial Complex so that we wouldn't have the issue of underpaid soldiers in the first place. Not push to spend more money on never ending wars that we already can't afford.

Ok police officers face more danger than fire fighters on a regular basis? Should they be getting raises too?

I understand fire fighters do strenuous work. Just think of a forest fire. That's fucking intense. But then again, so is being a carpenter everyday. When you see a private company doing road work just know that these guys sweating their asses off all day get paid less than the Cal-Trans guy you see standing around babysitting people picking up trash. If the government workers got paid what they actually deserved, our state wouldn't be bankrupt.
    While intelligible, your argument is bootstrapped. If you'd like to discuss firefighters driving their truck to the grocery store, great. But, dragging in examples of other professions, only delineates numerous complex problems. My political, social and economic discussions on a board are limited to I LOVE FIREFIGHTERS!

Sent from my Bat Cave

While intelligible, your argument is bootstrapped. If you'd like to discuss firefighters driving their truck to the grocery store, great. But, dragging in examples of other professions, only delineates numerous complex problems. My political, social and economic discussions on a board are limited to I LOVE FIREFIGHTERS!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I wanted to be a fire fighter when I was a kid. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't (not knocking it). My complaint is that there is obvious waste in the department (like many departments of government) and I'd like to see less. Much less.

BTW I'm not here to challenge the worth of professions. JBS started that discussion by making a comment about what a private sector person makes.

Where's the fuckin political section??

I wanted to be a fire fighter when I was a kid. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't (not knocking it). My complaint is that there is obvious waste in the department (like many departments of government) and I'd like to see less. Much less.
    I'd like to see much less on a firefighter too!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I LOVE FIREFIGHTERS!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    This discussion isn't about fetishes, or fantasies, its about the proper use tax payer owned vehicle. If we aren't allowed to drag politics in to the thread, please try to keep your personal urges to yourself.