Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Great thread

And some people think RE agents are overpaid. Go figure

My house caught on fire when I was 10 and they saved us! They can do what ever the fuck they want. I have no problems with my tax dollars keeping them fed, safe and happy!

When you start running into burning buildings to rescue people and pets, let's have this conversation again.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    My house caught on fire when I was 10 and they saved us! They can do what ever the fuck they want. I have no problems with my tax dollars keeping them fed, safe and happy!

When you start running into burning buildings to rescue people and pets, let's have this conversation again.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I can't believe we don't have any Fire Fighters on the board...... They do what they do because none of are willing to what they do.... They are the ones running into the burning building when the regular folks like us are running out crying like babies! I understand a Fire engine isn't the most economical ride to the market but it's just the way it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by JBS View Post
    Great thread

And some people think RE agents are overpaid. Go figure
    RE agents get paid an agreed commission by the seller of the property they're selling. If the seller didn't feel that a real estate wasn't worth the coin. They could shop around for a discount broker or sell their property themselves and pay no commission. Private money exchanging the hands of private people. Government on the other hand decides what they want to compensate a public servant and then they stick the tax payer with the bill. This is never discussed with the tax payer. They just steal money from the tax payer than give it to who they want.

As a RE agent (or any other business owner or private sector employee), you must prove your worth, constantly improve and/or upgrade your product/ service, fight to earn people's business, and rise above your competition by doing a better job than the next guy. In government you just show up and get a check. You have none of those responsibilities.

Nice try though.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 02-17-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

Sent from my Bat Cave
    How often are there fires? I'm trying to use logic here. Not personal experiences and emotion. That's what is wrong with the system now.

If you wanted to get into a battle about them earning their pay because they're brave.... then please tell me why we pay our Military dog shit.

Let's have a education lesson .
    Firefighter work 24 hours a day. If they need to get food they go as a crew. In SoCal it is rarely 1 to 2 guys more like 3 to 4 in a crew. If you look at their waste band the usually have a radio. They are on call for any emergency that come s in there district. There is no city in Southern California that pays for the guys food it comes out of their own pocket.

Every emergency has a different response level requiring a different number of personnel. Every city decides on what that number is. A full arrest takes a lot of man power to make sure compressions , ventilations , intubation , and drugs are administered . Hard to write on a boating forum of everything that goes on. Just be happy you live where you have a very high quality fire department.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefftowz View Post
    I can't believe we don't have any Fire Fighters on the board...... They do what they do because none of are willing to what they do.... They are the ones running into the burning building when the regular folks like us are running out crying like babies! I understand a Fire engine isn't the most economical ride to the market but it's just the way it is.....
    "It's just the way it is"? You've got to be kidding me. If more people thought like you women still wouldn't be allowed to vote and blacks wouldn't be able to own property.

Like you said, it's not economical so lets change it.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 02-17-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    How often are there fires? I'm trying to use logic here. Not personal experiences and emotion. That's what is wrong with the system now.

If you wanted to get into a battle about them earning their pay because they're brave.... then please tell me why we pay our Military dog shit.
    I agree we need to increase the military pay too. If they got a pay increase...I wouldn't complain about that either.

It's not about how often there is a fire...it's about your loved one being stuck on the other side of a blazing inferno while we wait for the firemen to drive back from the grocery store with the economical car to get the fire truck. As logic will have it, a fire burns very quickly, it's life or death...sometimes within seconds.

I understand your point that it's not economical; however, economics isn't the only thing we should think about. You'd be surprised how much money people are willing to rightfully throw away to save one person's life.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    RE agents get paid an agreed commission by the seller of the property they're selling. If the seller didn't feel that a real estate wasn't worth the coin. They could shop around for a discount broker or sell their property themselves and pay no commission. Private money exchanging the hands of private people. Government on the other hand decides what they want to compensate a public servant and then they stick the tax payer with the bill. This is never discussed with the tax payer. They just steal money from the tax payer than give it to who they want.

As a RE agent (or any other business owner or private sector employee), you must prove your worth, constantly improve and/or upgrade your product/ service, fight to earn people's business, and rise above your competition by doing a better job than the next guy. In government you just show up and get a check. You have none of those responsibilities.

Nice try though.
    Lol. Ok.

Sent from my iPhone

Some of you have been hitting the sauce pretty hard. You can't CHANGE ANYTHING, until the PUBLIC WAKES UP!!! You ask a fireman at the store why, and you get the song and dance. Don't let a free thinking 5 year old hear the excuse. he will see right thru the bullshit, and know its the same shit as the because I am the mommie that's why".

You cannot justify a brand new million dollar truck, when the one have has 65 miles on it, and responded to 2 fires in 10 years.
    Have another big gulp!
    Last edited by gn7; 02-17-2014 at 09:45 PM.