Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    WESTERNAERO

Doug Herbert Fans

Any Doug Herbert fans out there? Got this from Doug maybe 10? years ago. Is it worth anything? It has been In my hallway closet ever since I got it.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  65.9 KB

Hard to say since he's not actively racing. That has nice contrast! He is spear-heading a very noble cause, "Brakes" for young drivers. If your inclined to sell, might try eBay with a high reserve.

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang
    CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
    It's kind of a one a kind. We spent weekend with in his pits at Pomona. I'm not sure if it was new or one of his, do you think it's worth something? I'm not big on sports memorabilia so I wouldn't even know where to start with a reserve.

GRADS
    Who is he?

I searched Doug Herbert on eBay and found this for sale, not an actual helmet. I like yours better!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-DOUG...197e69&vxp=mtr

CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Who is he?
    NHRA top fuel driver.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Who is he?
    NHRA Top Fuel driver, presently not full time. Mostly races around his home state North Carolina.

CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I searched Doug Herbert on eBay and found this for sale, not an actual helmet. I like yours better!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-DOUG...197e69&vxp=mtr

LOL, I remember those, they weren't that much new.

Doug is a good friend. Son of Chet Herbert of "Herbert Cams" fame. He's now a successful performance parts vendor and occassional NHRA Top Fuel driver although lately he's been creeping up on some sponsorship opportunities that could put him back in the seat sooner than later. While testing in Phoenix a few years back he got the news that his two sons James and Jon were both killed in the same auto accident. More tragic than most could bear but Doug started the BRAKES (Be Responsible And Keep Everyone Safe) program as a legacy to their memory. He's now trained thousands of teen agers to handle "unique" road conditions and driving tips that have no-doubt saved lives - maybe many lives. What a way to honor your lost family members?

He's a three time IHRA series champion! He's won ten NHRA events and he's done some things that make him stand out far beyond that of racing. He's an accomplished large jet pilot and has owned his own jets over the years. Some of the charity work he has done has defined him for guys like me. The assistance he provided fellow racer, Billy Williams gave me the perfect picture of who Doug was. He's as good a man as I know and you are lucky to have this piece of history.
    The best things in life aren't things!

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Doug is a good friend. Son of Chet Herbert of "Herbert Cams" fame. He's now a successful performance parts vendor and occassional NHRA Top Fuel driver although lately he's been creeping up on some sponsorship opportunities that could put him back in the seat sooner than later. While testing in Phoenix a few years back he got the news that his two sons James and Jon were both killed in the same auto accident. More tragic than most could bear but Doug started the BRAKES (Be Responsible And Keep Everyone Safe) program as a legacy to their memory. He's now trained thousands of teen agers to handle "unique" road conditions and driving tips that have no-doubt saved lives - maybe many lives. What a way to honor your lost family members?

He's a three time IHRA series champion! He's won ten NHRA events and he's done some things that make him stand out far beyond that of racing. He's an accomplished large jet pilot and has owned his own jets over the years. Some of the charity work he has done has defined him for guys like me. The assistance he provided fellow racer, Billy Williams gave me the perfect picture of who Doug was. He's as good a man as I know and you are lucky to have this piece of history.
    He was probability the nicest and most gracious person I ever met in a racing aspect, so all of what you said, I second. I did not know that about his sons, very sad.