Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Valentine's Day!

What are all the women doing for their man?

The wife and I have a tradition of going to In N Out on Valentines Day. It all started out from our first VDay together and we just made it an annual thing. Will be hitting up the In N Out in Havasu for this year's dinner.

Anybody else have any traditions? What are your plans?

My chick likes this "fake" holiday, personally I detest it.
    I let her do the planning, cooking or whatever and just go with the flow.
    Of course I will get her a card and a little gift or something but the going out thing is not my gig on this day.
    Places are too packed and prices shoot up for this Vday.

GRADS
    I haven't celebrated Valentines Day in 13 years!! I'll let you in on a little secret.....if you get married, get married on Valentines Day. It might sound a little cheesey but by doing so you wipe Valentines Day right off the calendar and it now becomes your Anniversary. The added bonus thanks to hallmark, jewelry stores and flower shops it makes it next to impossible to forget the date. I know, I'm a genius.

I'm so bummed! I called every Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Flemming's to book a reservation for two on Valentines Day at 7 and they are all booked! I'm so upset, it was my opportunity to get my sister and her husband out of the house so I can spend some time with my niece and nephew!

Personally, I don't like someone telling me when my significant other should be sending me flowers or chocolate covered strawberries . I prefer to be surprised with Costco $16 roses vs $150 roses bc Hallmark said so. I like to treat the special someone in my life special everyday!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm so bummed! I called every Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Flemming's to book a reservation for two on Valentines Day at 7 and they are all booked! I'm so upset, it was my opportunity to get my sister and her husband out of the house so I can spend some time with my niece and nephew!

Personally, I don't like someone telling me when my significant other should be sending me flowers or chocolate covered strawberries . I prefer to be surprised with Costco $16 roses vs $150 roses bc Hallmark said so. I like to treat the special someone in my life special everyday!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    $16 roses? Holy F, you are high maintenance

You know....I probably bought those $15 roses for my wife for the past 15 or so years......we go out to dinner sometimes but we find that actually going out for dinner on Valentine's day is a pain in the ass......reservations are hard to get, the prices are jacked up and the menu's are limited.

We have started having a nice dinner at home on V-Day and then a nice dinner out sometime a couple of days either side of the 14th........we used to always go to Havasu for the big fireworks show which is always around that time.......but now we live here so we just go down to SARA park and enjoy the fireworks followed by a nice dinner with wine (of course) at home

This year however I ordered the flowers to be delivered on Friday as it's 160 miles to the nearest Costco
    Last edited by Paul65K; 02-10-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    now we live here
    Freudian?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Freudian?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    huh

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    huh
    I hate when you do that!

Sent from my Bat Cave