Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CVS to discontinue tobacco sales

Effective Oct 1, I always thought it to be an oxymoron for pharmacies to sell tobacco products.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Effective Oct 1, I always thought it to be an oxymoron for pharmacies to sell tobacco products.

CH3NO2
    As long as they don't stop carrying booze LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Correct, I consider alcohol an antiseptic and analgesic.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Rite aid has really good deals on Booze especially when the beer is on sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post

CH3NO2
    That's a good start.

Personally I'm torn. On the one hand I am all for personal rights......if you want to ride a motorcycle (or ATV/UTV) without a helmet and you are of legal age it should be up to you and not some bureaucrat making the decision.

Smoking on the other hand has repercussions from 2nd hand smoke and so the argument is more complicated.........If CVS thinks it's good for their overall business to not sell tobacco then it's up to them and the market will let them know if it;s a good decision or not......but the good thing is that is is THEIR decision and not one that someone else says they need to do!!

In this case I have to support the approach and I for one will likely go to CVS and not Walgreen's at least for the time being as result. If it turns out that their customer base tells them (with their pocket books) that this is a bad decision they can always start up sales again and they won't have to worry about convincing some politician that it's OK to do so.

my .02

Cigarrettes are a high gross, low margin product. It gets people in the door for higher margin products but they themselves don't add much to the bottom line.

When I used to smoke, I went to Walgreens, they always had my and my girls cigs on sale when you buy two...
    Now that we stopped smoking we still go to wallgreens.

Who can afford to smoke at these prices? Isn't most of the price a sin tax?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    Jet Boaters are gonna be pissed.....