Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    You're making the rest of us look like alcoholics. :(

CH3NO2
    You said it not me Haha. I'm kidding. I have Needles in 2 weeks there is no way I can not drink there. 2mma would kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by RPB
    Since when is 2 Billion "not much"?
    For the nine months ending 9/30/2013, CVS Caremark was at $32 Billion in sales with Gross Profit of just over $6 Billion. I'm saying that the $2 Billion in Gross off the cigarettes probably nets them a few million off that product which is minuscule compared to the overall profit margin of the company. They may be a loss leader for other higher margined products but only time will tell. This is when $2 Billion is "not much"......when it's viewed in the entire picture of this company.

Edit: Those numbers were for three months. For the nine months ending 9/30, they are at $93 Billion in sales with $17.5 Billion in Gross Profit. The $2Billion is less than 2% of their gross sales.
    Last edited by ChumpChange; 02-05-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Who can afford to smoke at these prices? Isn't most of the price a sin tax?

CH3NO2
    I know... it's ridiculous!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    For the nine months ending 9/30/2013, CVS Caremark was at $32 Billion in sales with Gross Profit of just over $6 Billion. I'm saying that the $2 Billion in Gross off the cigarettes probably nets them a few million off that product which is minuscule compared to the overall profit margin of the company. They may be a loss leader for other higher margined products but only time will tell. This is when $2 Billion is "not much"......when it's viewed in the entire picture of this company.

Edit: Those numbers were for three months. For the nine months ending 9/30, they are at $93 Billion in sales with $17.5 Billion in Gross Profit. The $2Billion is less than 2% of their gross sales.
    You seem to be co-mingling economics with politics or at the least economics with "political correctness". Alcohol costs society more in terms of health, safety and social costs than cigarettes...yet they did not stop selling alcohol. I think the real story is that by not selling that 2 Billion worth of FDA approved smokes the children will suffer as each state affected will recieve fewer education dollars in relation to the tax collected.

Conclusion: CVS hates kids and wants them to be stupid.

I haven't brought up politics one bit. I'm talking pure profitability to CVS. What happens after the purchase I can care less about and have not even brought up in this conversation. Alcohol has a huge profit margin so why would they stop selling something that affects their bottom line. As stated, Cigs have a LOW profit margin! The goal in business is to have a Hight Profit Margin hence the decision to rid themselves of tobacco. If CVS wants to pass that on as social responsibility, then that's their call but in reality, they're probably not making enough money off them.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    You seem to be co-mingling economics with politics or at the least economics with "political correctness". Alcohol costs society more in terms of health, safety and social costs than cigarettes...yet they did not stop selling alcohol. I think the real story is that by not selling that 2 Billion worth of FDA approved smokes the children will suffer as each state affected will recieve fewer education dollars in relation to the tax collected.

I'm still confused as to why anyone smokes? It stinks, fucks up your breath, your teeth and your skin. Maybe it's that super sexy smoker's cough?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post

It's simple

Cigarettes make people ugly. The more you smoke the less attractive you become.

Alcohol makes people look fantastic. The more you drink the better looking everyone becomes.

Sent from my Bat Cave

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    It's simple

Cigarettes make people ugly. The more you smoke the less attractive you become.

Alcohol makes people look fantastic. The more you drink the better looking everyone becomes.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    And this is a fact? Or just another opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    And this is a fact? Or just another opinion?
    It may be completely inaccurate. I had a lot to drink on the yacht and it did nothing to improve your looks

Sent from my Bat Cave