Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cannon Safes

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Do you know what brand the keypad is? That was an interesting read that 2MM posted up. My safe is a Bighorn from Costco.

CH3NO2
    More interesting reading on the topic: http://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/electronic-vs-dial-locks-on-gunsafes/

Look toward the middle of the page for this:

LaGard electronic locks all come from the assembly line set to 1-2-3-4-5-6. Most safe companies (Granite-Winchester is one) leave it at that, and either the retailer or the end user must reset it. My local Walmart store had those same Winchester safes on display, and one day I was in the sporting goods section near the safe display, and another customer asked the Walmart employee if she could open the safe so he could look inside. She said “no, sorry, I don’t have the combination handy”. I walked over, never said a word… just punched in 1-2-3-4-5-6, turned the handle opening the door, and walked away… again not saying a word. They both just looked at me… dumbfounded that I could open it like that.
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 02-05-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks 2MM, this confirms mine has LaGard mechanism. I guess I should change the combination from the default setting now.

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang
    CH3NO2

1-2-3-4-5 is code from factory on them all..... didnt read whole thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    Have you tried fireball? It works on legs
    Noted!!!

Well I'm not scared Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392161856.012813.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  29.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392161862.682712.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  35.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392161868.699195.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  28.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392161873.989159.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  44.1 KB

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed the lock mech and keypad. They don't tell you there are 2 little pesky screws under the stick on old keypad. Other than that it wasn't bad at all. And Cannon sent the pad & mech free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Changed the lock mech and keypad. They don't tell you there are 2 little pesky screws under the stick on old keypad. Other than that it wasn't bad at all. And Cannon sent the pad & mech free of charge.
    That's how companies maintain repeat customers and happy customers spreading good will.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    More interesting reading on the topic: http://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/electronic-vs-dial-locks-on-gunsafes/

Look toward the middle of the page for this:

LaGard electronic locks all come from the assembly line set to 1-2-3-4-5-6. Most safe companies (Granite-Winchester is one) leave it at that, and either the retailer or the end user must reset it. My local Walmart store had those same Winchester safes on display, and one day I was in the sporting goods section near the safe display, and another customer asked the Walmart employee if she could open the safe so he could look inside. She said “no, sorry, I don’t have the combination handy”. I walked over, never said a word… just punched in 1-2-3-4-5-6, turned the handle opening the door, and walked away… again not saying a word. They both just looked at me… dumbfounded that I could open it like that.
    Yup. Went to a local western/outdoors store a few months ago. They must have had 30 or so safes and the 6 or 8 I checked they ALL opened with 1 2 3 4 5 6.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    remember the story about the kid getting locked in a safe at one of the stores??? I bet it could have been opened the same way if someone was on the ball...

Anyone know what this thing does? anti tampering deal maybe?

Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  81.1 KB