Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Prop Shaft

Casale, if and when they have them. Steveo may have some.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Casale, if and when they have them. Steveo may have some.
    ok thanks Bob
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    so who sells these gears ?
    I have several sets of used gears and Casale sells new sets. I can get any ratio you want built if I don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    I have several sets of used gears and Casale sells new sets. I can get any ratio you want built if I don't have it.
    pm me i have 29s now that were new , with not much time on them looking to go a bit more pm me do you change them also ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

I spent several hours at the drags at Firebird 2 weeks ago benchracing with Wayne Mettler in Don Bausher's pit and the subject of prop shafts came up. Either Scott Owens or Tim at Lenco has a shaft material that according to them puts A22 and Inconel in the trash can. I will see Wayne this weekend at the drags and get more info. If we can stop breaking shafts the weakest link will then be the prop!!!!!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    I spent several hours at the drags at Firebird 2 weeks ago benchracing with Wayne Mettler in Don Bausher's pit and the subject of prop shafts came up. Either Scott Owens or Tim at Lenco has a shaft material that according to them puts A22 and Inconel in the trash can. I will see Wayne this weekend at the drags and get more info. If we can stop breaking shafts the weakest link will then be the prop!!!!!
    This is the question I have been wondering about through all of these discussions (here and on PB)... If we can make axles that can last pass after pass in a pro mod OR monster trucks turning earth mover tires or a TF dragster/funny car, why can't we improve on the material that is used... I do get the need for a material that is corrosion resistant, could some kind of nitride or iridite 14-2 or nickel plating could be used, maybe, if the NEW material was carbon steel and NOT stainless???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    This is the question I have been wondering about through all of these discussions (here and on PB)... If we can make axles that can last pass after pass in a pro mod OR monster trucks turning earth mover tires or a TF dragster/funny car, why can't we improve on the material that is used... I do get the need for a material that is corrosion resistant, could some kind of nitride or iridite 14-2 or nickel plating could be used, maybe, if the NEW material was carbon steel and NOT stainless???
    I have thought the same thing. Not to mention off road torsion bars being cycled like crazy, in 2 directions. 300M seems to be the material of choice for shafts that are subjected to heavy cycling.
    With the rudder, turn fins and props all made of carbon steel, I don't really see the "requirement" for a corrosion resistant material, specially on something that cycles thru a prop shaft as fast as a TFH.

I don't think I would want to run a carbon steel shaft on the GN, but it would not surprise me one bit if the stuff Wayne is referring to is a carbon steel.

New props for Hallet vector

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    New props for Hallet vector

Beautiful!!