Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Prop Shaft

Teague and Glenwood carry them. They are made by BJ marine. You need to know the barrel ID and the shaft ID.

Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    I don't have a tack but with 54's in the box I know the shaft speed has got to be pretty dog gone high. I'm not sure what rpm those rubber bushing's are good for.
    I'm liking you more all the time
    When Dave Rankin drove Rudy's GN he would tell Rudy that the boat was turning 8700 on the straights. Rudy would say, we need to do something about that and taped the tach up with duct tape. When I ask Bill what its spinning, he tells me he has better things to do than look at a tach. So I bought a data recorder. I can't do anything about the RPM, but it lets me know how many fingers I need to keep crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    There you go flipping your lips again. They held a race at Parker, I think I saw ONE shaft broke. I seen a whole season and no body broke one, and you go and make a mindless statement like this. You make it very easy to classify you as FULL OF SHIT!
    lol your a grumpy old a..hole aren't you lol 3-5 every race i just go off what people post on her grumpy. the enduro there was according to the post 5 props lost the parker race the post said at least three boats lost there props...so if you didn't see it , i guess it didn't happen , didn't know you personally kept track of every boat every prop every shaft at every race, no wonder your grumpy thats a shitty job to have lmao
    Last edited by ogshotgun; 04-09-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    lol your a grumpy old a..hole aren't you lol 3-5 every race i just go off what people post on her grumpy. the enduro there was according to the post 5 props lost the parker race the post said at least three boats lost there props...so if you didn't see it , i guess it didn't happen , didn't know you personally kept track of every boat every prop every shaft at every race, no wonder your grumpy thats a shitty job to have lmao
    I never saw where anybody said that 3 shafts were lost at Parker this weekend. You have a habit of reading shit into things people never said. Like me recommending Glenwood for a shaft when I did JUST THE OPPOSITE!!

Teague and Glenwood carry them. They are made by BJ marine. You need to know the barrel ID and the shaft ID.
    What do you think is better for my app? The rubber kind I have now or the fiber style.
    I'm liking you more all the time
    When Dave Rankin drove Rudy's GN he would tell Rudy that the boat was turning 8700 on the straights. Rudy would say, we need to do something about that and taped the tach up with duct tape. When I ask Bill what its spinning, he tells me he has better things to do than look at a tach. So I bought a data recorder. I can't do anything about the RPM, but it lets me know how many fingers I need to keep crossed.
    I don't see how anyone could look at a tach while bombing down the straight. I would'nt even be able to glance at one, bumps and stuff come way too quick. Only gauge I have is oil pressure and that only get's looked at during warmup and parade laps, I should probably hookup a big idiot light. I've thought about getting one of those RacePack deals, when setup right you can get a lot of usefull info afterwards.

There again, posting with out thinking.
    Any idea why that boat might be more prone to snapping a shaft?
    Aside from the non obvious reason that could have snapped, there is some thought that the prop pitch an ear to cause that.
    Ever ask Rankin, Fitz or Buckles how many props they go thru a year and why?
    No. Why don't you tell me king know it all! I'm sure buckles and rankin don't go thru as many props as they used to since they been using Grose forged props.

I never saw where anybody said that 3 shafts were lost at Parker this weekend. You have a habit of reading shit into things people never said. Like me recommending Glenwood for a shaft when I did JUST THE OPPOSITE!!

you read and comprehend nothing, i never said you recommended glenwood you never recommend any one at all as a matter of fact, go read some of the other boating forums out there that you belong too and you can see where i got that from..after i found Marine Machine bought a shaft posted pictures of it .. than you like it .. now all of a sudden thats who you recommended lmao..you or kevin would not reccomened any supplier what so ever, the only thing thing that was recommend was a material type, and back to glenwood aren't you the one saying there shafts have run for years in your boats ? and Bob made yours personally while you watched? or is that just some more shit i made up ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

almost ready to give up on hot boat.com all grumpy people out to attack each other , could of stayed in the ARMY for that...
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by SFV2RVR View Post
    No. Why don't you tell me king know it all! I'm sure buckles and rankin don't go thru as many props as they used to since they been using Grose forged props.
    bob is the personal shaft , prop , record keeper for the boating world didn't you know that, not a props shaft or prop goes by without his record keeping lmao
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    What do you think is better for my app? The rubber kind I have now or the fiber style.

I don't see how anyone could look at a tach while bombing down the straight. I would'nt even be able to glance at one, bumps and stuff come way too quick. Only gauge I have is oil pressure and that only get's looked at during warmup and parade laps, I should probably hookup a big idiot light. I've thought about getting one of those RacePack deals, when setup right you can get a lot of usefull info afterwards.
    Everybody has the preference. Some like the "plastic" but one says only Turcite, the others say only Delron. I use the fiber and replace every season, usually right after thanksgiving during the long break. and their cheap.