Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Prop Shaft

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    That and I thought the problem child boat was using those parabolic shaft ends and props.
    no never ran a polygonal shaft as far as what i was told always just a taper, but we have a set of that guys props mounted on a set of shafts, they don't have as much low end bite , but well see what pans out
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Oops, not parabolic, polygonal I think is what it's called.
    when i spoke with Grose he said he has discontinued them after a short period too hard to match both surfaces
    Last edited by ogshotgun; 04-27-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    That's interesting.
    i don't have all the that much time with this new job , but from what i have seen after 20 passes the right is always harder to get off than the left .
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

And pretty much impossible to "lap" or improve once its done. Like when the Honda factory was running oval cylinders on the road race MCs. Flowed like the Hoover Dam for their size, but the machining was damn near impossible, and refinishing was horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    i have helped the team in all the local races , havasu, phoenix for last season and this season i started full time with the first race, there prop guy Charlie , has conflicts in his schedule, he will be training me at havasu and wheatland , after that i am on my own..hes the best teacher and so is eddie both highly professional and very detailed , just like my self lol
    So how did you end up getting on the team? Did you fill out an application or was your name picked out of a hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    So how did you end up getting on the team? Did you fill out an application or was your name picked out of a hat?
    i worked for free for a few races as a internship so to speak to prove myself , was approached when stevie had his surgery as a possible bottom end man, the whole team really likes me , i guess it was a perfect fit and the right place at the right time, i would do it for free because i love racing..also unlike most people that want to help ...when they want to help and what they want to help with. i would show up in the morning do any thing that needed to be done and stayed till the trailer was packed . showed integrity went a long ways with the guys, one asked why do you work so hard for free, i replied I LOVE RACING BUDDY!!
    Last edited by ogshotgun; 04-27-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    i worked for free for a few races as a internship so to speak to prove myself , was approached when stevie had his surgery as a possible bottom end man, the whole team really likes me , i guess it was a perfect fit and the right place at the right time, i would do it for free because i love racing..also unlike most people that want to help ...when they want to help and what they want to help with. i would show up in the morning do any thing that needed to be done and stayed till the trailer was packed . showed integrity went a long ways with the guys, one asked why do you work so hard for free, i replied I LOVE RACING BUDDY!!
    You are SOOOOOO full of shit. Love of racing. Don't make me laugh. You do it for the same reason anybody else would do it.

THE BITCHES

You are SOOOOOO full of shit. Love of racing. Don't make me laugh. You do it for the same reason anybody else would do it.

THE BITCHES
    you know i would agree but , there isn't that many bitches behind the ropes watching me do what i do lol i am the guy way in the back behind the swamp cooler with no glory, but i do go to the races for free and i do like the eye candy lol , i do love racing will help out any real racer if they ask its what i like doing , i would even help you if you need it , now someone else on here i would be busy at all times no matter what lmao
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

THE BITCHES

the bitches all want the mascot lol you know the driver Madd Maxx
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Once the machining is done, there not much you can do aside from lapping it. The main thing is trying to get maximum contact on the prop barrel, and some props are not machined the best, both in taper angle or surface finish. I've had to bypass props that the barrel was too wavy to get sufficient surface area and the barrel diameter was already bored to near max diameter
    Bingo !!! There are a lot of people that have really good luck with Propshafts 7/8.....1"...... 1 1/8 !! Super Stock, K-Boat & GN Boats. There are always going to be failures but they can be minimized with care & fitement !! I only bring up 7/8 because that's a challenge in its self.