Size:  77.4 KBName:  IMG_5164.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  72.7 KBName:  IMG_5165.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  73.2 KBName:  IMG_5166.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  72.2 KBName:  IMG_5167.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  55.4 KBoriginal traxxas slash 2wd converted to a sand dragster i live by the beach its a wheelie machine and fast at Cabrillo beach , iam converting it back to short course stay tuned ... lets see yours
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

That's no original with the brushless motor

I spent a few hours trying to race a 2wd around a short track. Got a 4wd and its a night and day difference for handling. They're 2 separate machines. Not a lot of positives about the 2wd in comparison when on a track.

I say keep as a sand beater and grab a 4wd. FWIW, I sold my very clean 4wd with 2x's 2S lipos, 2 sets of big bore shocks, 2 controllers, 2 sets of wheels/tires, stock motor and speed controller, extra a arms, extra al motor plate, more pinions than you can shake a stick at plus a castle S/C installed for $300.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Why not RC Boats? haha

Nice truck. I have tried to get into the SC trucks, but just can't. I still prefer my ST trucks. It's kinda like the old Days of Thunder quote. The SC weighs twice as much with tires half as wide...and the ST weighs half as much with tires twice as wide.

Also another fan of the Castle system here. I have the 3800kv, and love it. BTW - sand paddles work really well on snow also.

My next land vehicle will probably be a Stampede 4x4 or Slash 4x4 converted into a truggy. If not...it'll be a D8T, 8ight-T, or ET48.

And Mateo...boats are kind of fun, but they seem to lose the fun factor fairly quickly to me. I did build an airboat out of a kids foam kick board and a pair of EDFs, and that's kind of fun.
    Last edited by FormulaZR; 02-01-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Why not RC Boats? haha
    Why do you think I sold my truck?

10 years ago I was pretty deep in 1/8 scale nitro racing. My son was born and it all stopped. Fast forward 10 years and Santa brought him a 2wd Slash. He LOVES it, as do I. My wife has a E-Maxx and I just bought a 4wd brushless slash. Every Wednesday at 2pm we go to a local park and play for an hour before work. We made a little track in the back corner under some big trees.
    The family that plays together, stays together.
    I will be getting my 1/8 scale out of storage. Batteries are boring.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    I have a couple RC 10 and a B4 buggy that my son and I race when we have time. What a total blast and great father son time together!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Get Some View Post
    That's no original with the brushless motor
    i run it in the sand its heavily modified .. converting back to stock
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    I spent a few hours trying to race a 2wd around a short track. Got a 4wd and its a night and day difference for handling. They're 2 separate machines. Not a lot of positives about the 2wd in comparison when on a track.

I say keep as a sand beater and grab a 4wd. FWIW, I sold my very clean 4wd with 2x's 2S lipos, 2 sets of big bore shocks, 2 controllers, 2 sets of wheels/tires, stock motor and speed controller, extra a arms, extra al motor plate, more pinions than you can shake a stick at plus a castle S/C installed for $300.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    thats a deal i agree 4 wheel drive runs hard i have a 1/8 scale 4 wd on nitro
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB