Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I've met and interviewed Jerry Wriedt. I've seen a few of his flattys over the years and all of them had Chryslers.

How does your boat ride? Does it "set" or does it try and porpoise at speed. What shaft angle are you running? Does your boat have any rocker?

I was raised v-drive boating behind Dad's flattys and I've attended many races. In '96 I joined Brian's Classic V-drive club of America and produced 4 videos for that club before releasing the River Rats videos in the years after. I've also produced over 60 racing and promotional videos all pertaining to v-drive boats (and some jets).

I'm not sure why you've come in here complaining about lack of boating threads when this v-drive forum is full of them. The sandbar not so much, but that's more of a social room of the site. I started the really old boats thread in the sandbar to help give this site a shot in the arm while including history of most types of boats and anything pertaining to boating. I suggest you check it out. If you make it out to Needles in 3 weeks look me up, I'd be happy to "talk boats" with you.

The Route 66 Needles show is after the boat show and before puddingstone. Just a reminder....
    my boat takes a set but it took lot of work to get it do it its a 10 degree shaft and box with 600 hp it porpoised some now with almost 1000 the porpoising all but went away..wont make needles putting a new balsa floor in the boat ...
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Jerry, I take it you haven't seen the half dozen braiding machines 2MM has.

cool machine but what use would that product have in the boating industry ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

og, I have somewhat the same concerns for a site that calls itself HOTBOAT, but the way I see it, you have 2 choices, add content, or find content where you can find it. Every site has its "SANDBOX" where non boating topics are discussed. This site as another as another, has more than a reasonable share of threads on non boating topics. If it bothers you, stay out of the sandbox, and post your boating stuff else where on the site.
    Too date, the majority of YOUR posts have been non boating as well, and fit better into the whinning and bitching forum.

If YOU have something to say or add, please do so. This is the forum we "talk boats"

YOU may even find it helpful in your case helpful if you SFU and read. You might actually learn a little here.
    geez nice attitude bro ... almost all my posts are in the drive forum .. than i had a thread jumper cut in and bash so i cut in there threads too ,, turn about is fair play right
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Saw it. lot of "show" very little "tell"
    I wouldn't want to try and restore a row boat with the content in that thread. Look more like a photo album from his Facebook page.
    Cool stuff, cool boat. But from a guy BITCHING about content, I would have expected a more than LAM thread.
    at least its a boat instead of a train plane or a drink lmao
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    Getting ready to spray some red on the Red Baron. With Rhinowood, After You 362, and Fred Romani. Attachment 32147Attachment 32148

Sent using Tapatalk.
    looks good
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    cool machine but what use would that product have in the boating industry ?
    OG I'm sure you are aware of the use of braided lines in both the marine and automotive industry, so I won't go review on you. Aside from the practical aspects of braid, I can certainly appreciate the automation that goes in to making even one inch of that stuff. Pretty amazing really.

Lets not sugar coat this snoc. THEY ARE jet boat headers. The engine is not on that much angle.

Seriously? RDP is ALL BOATS ALL THE TIME. There is no more boating content over there than there is here, and most of it is WRONG!

So, I take it that your heads are marked left and right, and no more interchangeable than the headers. your right boat isn't set up to turn i didn't design the headers just bought them .. complain to rewarder if you don't like them sorry its what i got and if you want to send me a 1000 set of the ones you build for free send them on... is this your boat in the pic with reverse headers lol guess the heads are on the wrong side lmao...

Using your logic, this must be V drive headers installed on a jet. OR, maybe you own this jet.
    With your attitude, you may find yourself looking to the v drive experts at RPD for any advice you might need. I think that's where this guy gets his helpful tips.

Attachment 32160
    your right boat isn't set up to turn i didn't design the headers just bought them .. complain to rewarder if you don't like them sorry its what i got and if you want to send me a 1000 set of the ones you build for free send them on... is this your boat in the pic with reverse headers lol guess the heads are on the wrong side lmao...
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Just saw your boat yesterday. Think it'll be ready for summer? Mines going back in for some touch up next week.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens
    yes sir aim waiting for the man to finish and aim ready here all hardware ready t go ... yours looked sweet my friend
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Just saw your boat yesterday. Think it'll be ready for summer? Mines going back in for some touch up next week.

In loving memory of
    was my floor in ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

So much hostility around here. I thought/hoped things would be better over here at HB.
    Same clowns, different circus.
    Back to the OP's topic.
    I saw your boat before Stu started cutting out the stringers. Man, good call on opening her up. Those timbers, and I mean timbers because those stringers were HUGE, rotted pretty bad. What's that hull weigh? Built like a tank.

In loving memory of
    bare it was under 600 its a pretty stout hull, i run the river a lot and rough water it'll take the abuse now and those stringers were trash and the old floor was hickory chips lol .. probably a bit of handling issues will go away now
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB