Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Grammys

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    bump..
    You lookin for a response to something?

The Grammys

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    bump..
    Latifa is performing in the Super Bowl, think she will marry any couples?

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 01-27-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    CH3NO2

Four years later and they still suck!

All the award shows suck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    All the award shows suck
    Not gonna give them my time or dollars

I love my wife, my wife lives me. What a great world!!
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Is this still on TV?? What a phenomenal waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I wasn't impressed AT ALL. It was one bad mix of music after another. Pink was ok. The performance was great but, that was more like a Cirque show than a Grammy show performance.

The Beatles ...They should stop singing and call it.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I agree with you about the Beatles , in that Paul and Ringo, should stop performing their "Beatles" songs. While , as The Beatles, they were without a doubt THE leading edge group of their time, and like them or not, their songwriting is historically one of the most prolific success stories, and they led the way in the changing styles of that era's youth, etc, etc.......but just like the Rolling Stones, Elton John, and other 60s/70s acts, they've gone from exciting to embarrassing, they need to PLEASE stop. Todays music, for the most part, does a sufficient job of sucking on it's own without yesterdays aging heroes adding more stink to the soup. Beatles, Stones, ETC...I have darned near all of their albums...you were good the first time. You can never do it as well again...It's OK...time marches on...age gracefully. I know something on this topic, as I was once a professional musician/singer.
    What I have to say about all these "awards" shows, is that these celebrities seem to be so insecure, that they feel compelled to keep patting each other on the backs, with awards show after awards show, add nauseum . Just like the Golden Globes, and Oscars show, it's really more celebrating each other conceitedly. If I really like an artist I'll show them by buying their recording. But, by far, one of the most insulting propositions of all of the awards shows, is the constant posturing politically of so many of these wealthy two-faced elite. Regardless of any well-meaning rhetoric, it's just so popular use the show as a political forum. Your words are hollow, lead by example people, I don't need your lecture.
    Last edited by spike morelli; 01-30-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    All the award shows suck
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    I agree with you about the Beatles , in that Paul and Ringo, should stop performing their "Beatles" songs. While , as The Beatles, they were without a doubt THE leading edge group of their time, and like them or not, their songwriting is historically one of the most prolific success stories, and they led the way in the changing styles of that era's youth, etc, etc.......but just like the Rolling Stones, Elton John, and other 60s/70s acts, they've gone from exciting to embarrassing, they need to PLEASE stop. Todays music, for the most part, does a sufficient job of sucking on it's own without yesterdays aging heroes adding more stink to the soup. Beatles, Stones, ETC...I have darned near all of their albums...you were good the first time. You can never do it as well again...It's OK...time marches on...age gracefully. I know something on this topic, as I was once a professional musician/singer.
    What I have to say about all these "awards" shows, is that these celebrities seem to be so insecure, that they feel compelled to keep patting each other on the backs, with awards show after awards show, add nauseum . Just like the Golden Globes, and Oscars show, it's really more celebrating each other conceitedly. If I really like an artist I'll show them by buying their recording. But, by far, one of the most insulting propositions of all of the awards shows, is the constant posturing politically of so many of these wealthy two-faced elite. Regardless of any well-meaning rhetoric, it's just so popular use the show as a political forum. Your words are hollow, lead by example people, I don't need your lecture.
    The Beatles changed the world .... everything!! ..... lucky to still have Paul and Ringo around to perform!! .... mind boggling how many songs they wrote in such a short span of maybe 7-8 years.