Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I have totally become the recycle nut, officially.
    Not only do I save, crush and return all my aluminum, #1 and #2 plastics(which nets me at least a few hundy each year) but I dismantle everything that I discard for recycling. Toilet and paper towel rolls, all our shred paper.....you name it it goes in the blue bin.
    My city takes every plastic from #1 through #7, glass, tin, metal, styrofoam and basically anything paper. Any product we buy that has any of these components goes for recycling, whether or not I have to disassemble it to any degree. Florescent, cfl bulbs I take to either Lowes or HDepot. Plastic bags and shrink wrap shit goes to the boxes at the grocery or hardware stores too.
    The biggest difference I have noticed is my 95Gal curbside blue recycle bin is at least 3/4+ full every week whereas my trash bin usually has one kitchen size bag and maybe 3 grocery bag sized other trash. Not long ago I had 3 or 4 33 gal trash cans bulging every week.
    So is anyone else as crazy as I in regards to trying to make a difference? I must say I do feel good about what I'm doing, especially looking back at how we really did abuse our earth in years past. It actually bothers me a little now when I see young kids just toss everything in the trash
    I'm this way about people wasting water outside, mainly because irrigation is a simple way to conserve tons of water but very few people in So Cal do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I throw it all in the garbage can and let the "garbage people" sort through it on trash night and recycle what they want.

I keep my grocery bags to pick up dog shit. Btw- I'm glad I don't go to the grocery store in Huntington Beach! That's some bullshit

My wife is a recycle nazi... Me, not so much, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by hpboats83 View Post
    I'm this way about people wasting water outside, mainly because irrigation is a simple way to conserve tons of water but very few people in So Cal do.

I WISH MORE PEOPLE THOUGHT LIKE YOU!!! It seems people are more worried about recycling a piece of paper than conserving water. These days water is much more important but hey if they turn on the faucet and water comes out they don't care about conserving.

City/County encourages grey water recycling here, I do it too.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I hand wash my vehicles and spray down my driveway and gutter (if needed). Everyone else around here is too lazy or high maintenance for that kind of extreme activity and they're rarely seen. It's unbelievable the level of pussification our society (at least in California) has evolved into.

I don't mind taking in my $10 worth of cans every other month, but like Scott I don't bother with the plastic bottles and just let the city collection take those. They're aren't worth the space they take up.

I consider myself on the cutting edge of the "green crusade" being that my boat burns methanol (very little at that) and I take a Scion IQ to work with me everyday.

Name:  truck with IQ - Copy.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  97.6 KB

I have no front lawns anymore, just dead weeds I mow every now and then.
    Back lawn gets watered once a week for two minutes in winter, and a total of 45 minutes a week in summer.
    I wash my car when it rains, otherwise it's far and few between, especially this winter :(.
    When running errands in the car I multi-task and make a round to get it all done in one swoop.
    Conserve electricity where possible and switch most all lighting to super efficient LED bulbs/lamps.
    It takes less effort than most believe, it's just hard to change old habits for many.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

I re-cycle, every weekend I create a lot of Bud Light can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I have no front lawns anymore, just dead weeds I mow every now and then.
    Back lawn gets watered once a week for two minutes in winter, and a total of 45 minutes a week in summer.
    I wash my car when it rains, otherwise it's far and few between, especially this winter :(.
    When running errands in the car I multi-task and make a round to get it all done in one swoop.
    Conserve electricity where possible and switch most all lighting to super efficient LED bulbs/lamps.
    It takes less effort than most believe, it's just hard to change old habits for many.
    About the same.
    Have all the sprinkers down to 3 mins a cycle and each cycle runs 3 times a week. I even capped some sprinkers since they were just watering were water was alrady sprayed.
    Car gets detailed every 6 months and does not see the car wash between those unless I am using the Dry Clean stuff I have at the house.
    All light bulbs have been changed and lights outside are all on sensors during the winter (then off once the sun says up past 7pm).
    Errands are planned to avoid multiple trips and circling back and forth on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I hand wash my vehicles and spray down my driveway and gutter (if needed). Everyone else around here is too lazy or high maintenance for that kind of extreme activity and they're rarely seen. It's unbelievable the level of pussification our society (at least in California) has evolved into.

I don't mind taking in my $10 worth of cans every other month, but like Scott I don't bother with the plastic bottles and just let the city collection take those. They're aren't worth the space they take up.

I consider myself on the cutting edge of the "green crusade" being that my boat burns methanol (very little at that) and I take a Scion IQ to work with me everyday.

Name:  truck with IQ - Copy.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  97.6 KB
    Holy shit that's funny! LOL