Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    How about fireball bottles? Bet your recycle when dumped is so loud it wakes the neighbors. Oh wait I forgot, you're a quitter.
    Fireball yes I quit! Too many calories and sugar. Plus the hangovers are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Fireball yes I quit! Too many calories and sugar. Plus the hangovers are horrible.
    I did too after last Mon night. I picked up a handle at Costco yesterday, pushed it all around the store and put it back bf I checked out.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I've recycled for as long as I can remember. I currently live in a building that has 3 types of trash. Cans, bottles etc., paper and regular trash.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by SBS933 View Post
    I could give a FUCK about that green bullshit, it is all designed to make a profit for politicians and their cronies. But I cash in my cans, and all plastic. You'd be a fool not to, Big Bucks in that shit.
    x1000000000000000 except I do not cash anything in. My wife made a deal with me. She put a small trash can under the sink and that is where I put cans and bottles. She then puts them into a larger can on the side of the house and when full takes it in for money. Pain in the ass in my opinion. She takes in 3-4 large black bags and gets like 25 bucks. Fuck That.

Try as much as possible (paper, glass, plastics bottles and cans). Everything goes in the blue trash dumpster and I let the city pick it up. Tried taking it all in to get cash, but it was taking over an hour to get through the lines so I said f it. Yard waste goes in green waste dumpster. Our household trash consists of 1 or 2 kitchen trash bags about half full each week. Have the smallest household trash dumpster you can have and pay the lowest trash amount I can through the city.

I keep cans. I get about $13-$14 per bag of uncrushed cans (big black bags) and I usually cash them in when I have 3-4 bags. I tried glass and plastic, but it was too much work and you don't get much for it. My city put a machine in place years ago that separates the trash from the recyclables, so I just put the glass and plastic in the trash. The city decided that too many cities that had recycling programs were not making money because people would come around in the night and still the recyclables in the bins waiting to be picked up in the morning. So they decided to invest in the "The Machine". I have no idea what it is called or what it cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    You guys have it good in Cali, we don't get squat in AZ, J/K.

CH3NO2
    You guys don't have the CRV fee we pay here. Couple years ago they busted some people that were collecting semi trailer loads of aluminum cans in AZ and trucking them to Cali, making a shitload of money...........off the fees I paid, LOL
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    I keep cans. I get about $13-$14 per bag of uncrushed cans (big black bags) and I usually cash them in when I have 3-4 bags. I tried glass and plastic, but it was too much work and you don't get much for it. My city put a machine in place years ago that separates the trash from the recyclables, so I just put the glass and plastic in the trash. The city decided that too many cities that had recycling programs were not making money because people would come around in the night and still the recyclables in the bins waiting to be picked up in the morning. So they decided to invest in the "The Machine". I have no idea what it is called or what it cost.
    Waste Management services my city. When the three separate bins were allocated(trash, recycle, green) we were allowed to order extra bins for free.........sooooo, I ordered a few extras and use those for the stuff I take in for cash. Made it clean and easy for me.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Waste Management services my city. When the three separate bins were allocated(trash, recycle, green) we were allowed to order extra bins for free.........sooooo, I ordered a few extras and use those for the stuff I take in for cash. Made it clean and easy for me.
    Since I live in BFE we don't really have ALOT of options and would do more if our trash hauler was on board with the recycling... My wife bags up all the cardstock/cans/plastics and drops at the local drop off... We don't have much to recycle and dont get any $$$ here...

Plastic bags go back to the super market...

It's about sustainability and that's important to me.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2