Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    I wanna go back to my 20's.
    This^^^^^ for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    2013 was one of my favorite years. I learned life has no limits or boundaries. My only limitations are what I place on myself. I also really got a grasp of the fact that being alone is a physical state...being lonely is a state of mind. I'll never be lonely again.

My 20's I worked so hard it was insane, worked full time and went to school full time, then law school, first five years I practiced law my short work days were 12 hours long. But, I must admit my most memorable day was being sworn into the CA Bar. I was so proud to have accomplished my biggest goal in life, as I was being sworn in by the federal justice tears started pouring down my eyes, I resorted to just mouthing the words because I could no longer get them out. My older sister and I were sworn in the same day. I don't think there was a more proud parent in the room than my mother. We asked Judge Cannon to swear us in at the same time (you get sworn in by federal justice and then a state judge) and Judge Cannon says "this is my first threesome" my sister and I couldn't stop laughing. Mother had no clue what that meant and I'm guessing neither did Judge Cannon.

2009-2011...was like living a nightmare, but it made me realize how strong I am and not to sweat the small stuff. Life's too short to be miserable. If you're not adding to my life in a positive way, don't let the door hit you on the ass when I kick you out

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Eli, does the name Gilbert Ochoa ring a bell. He was a D.A. in Orange Co. at one time and probably a Judge by now. I use to go surfing with Gilbert years ago and suddenly life goes on... Congrats on reaching your goals truly an accomplishment.

Varies for me.
    The last 2 years (mid to late 30's) have been great watching my daughter grow and my oldest step-son getting accepted and attending college. I would say the last 3 years have been the best years for the family and career. Prior to meeting my wife, I would say 25-30 was awesome when I was single; I was a IT consultant living the House of Lies stereotype for consultants (work hard and party harder when not working), but my girlfriends were front desk staff at hotels I lived in and when I was home at my place it was very lonely. Glad I stopped doing that and met my wife at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    Eli, does the name Gilbert Ochoa ring a bell. He was a D.A. in Orange Co. at one time and probably a Judge by now. I use to go surfing with Gilbert years ago and suddenly life goes on... Congrats on reaching your goals truly an accomplishment.
    The name doesn't ring a bell. I've had very few cases in OC and when I did they were all in the Complex litigation Dept. I may run into him in the future as I'm no longer going to be in the CLD.

Thank you, I'm very goal oriented, I won't let anyone/anything stop me. So when I accomplish a goal, I just feel like a million bucks. But, there's always another goal lined up quickly.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Good for you Eli!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    I wanna go back to my 20's.
    I wouldn't go back to my 20's I was a broke college student, then an even more broke law school student, everything stressed me out, and I was a perfectionist. I didn't appreciate life.

Now, I'm thrilled just to stand on a surf board, at work while everyone is bitching about how hard their job is, I smile and give them a "why you're lucky to be here" fact and help them see the positive side.

Life is awesome! If it gets better than today, fuck I'm the luckiest person I know!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I wouldn't go back to my 20's I was a broke college student, then an even more broke law school student, everything stressed me out, and I was a perfectionist. I didn't appreciate life.

Now, I'm thrilled just to stand on a surf board, at work while everyone is bitching about how hard their job is, I smile and give them a "why you're lucky to be here" fact and help them see the positive side.

Life is awesome! If it gets better than today, fuck I'm the luckiest person I know!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    My 20's were awesome. I had a great job. A ton of friends. I had a bunch of money in the bank. I lived at home for very cheap. I came and went as I wanted. Was at the river 2 or 3 weekends out of the month. Had a cool truck and boat. Always had a chick a phone call away. It was good times for sure.

GRADS
    The 20's were good. The first half of them I partied hard and banged anything walked. I met Mrs. Daytona at 23 and settled down a little and bought my first house at 25. The 30's were great. I got married at 30 and by 35 I was a millionaire (short lived). Mrs. D and I pretty much bought and did everything we wanted to and were still young enough to really enjoy it. 39-40 sucked ass!!! Within the course of a year I lost my business, one of my best friends, my dog, pretty much everything I owned and I was told I had cancer. It seemed like every time I asked "what else could possibly go wrong?" it got worse. My 40's are getting to be fun but only because I've embraced the fact that I'm not 20 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    The 20's were good. The first half of them I partied hard and banged anything walked. I met Mrs. Daytona at 23 and settled down a little and bought my first house at 25. The 30's were great. I got married at 30 and by 35 I was a millionaire (short lived). Mrs. D and I pretty much bought and did everything we wanted to and were still young enough to really enjoy it. 39-40 sucked ass!!! Within the course of a year I lost my business, one of my best friends, my dog, pretty much everything I owned and I was told I had cancer. It seemed like every time I asked "what else could possibly go wrong?" it got worse. My 40's are getting to be fun but only because I've embraced the fact that I'm not 20 anymore.
    You had melanoma right? What kind of treatment did you have to get?