Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I bought a 2000 Ford V10 F250 4x4 long bed. Lifted, 4 linked in the front on coil overs. She'll be getting a 2007 front conversion along with a few other things to make me happy. Should be a nice weekend/river truck when finished. I'll probably do a build thread. I'm going to start going through and servicing everything on the truck next week. I missed having a lifted truck, but love my Cadillac and no payments! So I kept the car for work and compromised by buying an older truck.
    Eddie is a quick study!!! That thing will last forever and the oil changes should be MUCH easier on the pocket book...

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I bought a 2000 Ford V10 F250 4x4 long bed. Lifted, 4 linked in the front on coil overs. She'll be getting a 2007 front conversion along with a few other things to make me happy. Should be a nice weekend/river truck when finished. I'll probably do a build thread. I'm going to start going through and servicing everything on the truck next week. I missed having a lifted truck, but love my Cadillac and no payments! So I kept the car for work and compromised by buying an older truck.
    My buddy did a 4 Link Coilover conversion on his 2005 6.0 4x4 Excursion and I couldn't believe the ride. It was the best riding lifted truck I have ever rode in. Cadillac quality...
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 01-24-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Ask the guys on the Chevy forum about your Ford. They'll tell you everything you need to do with that thing.
    For every fucked up ford, you can find a fucked up GM right behind it....

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Eddie is a quick study!!! That thing will last forever and the oil changes should be MUCH easier on the pocket book...
    This^^^^^^

I have a 2000 V10 excursion.. I bought it new in 99. Aside from the regular maintenance, I've replaced ball joints, 4 batteries, and recently the fuel pump.. Lots if towing miles in the heat, and my boat and trailer are about 8500 lbs.. It lives in havasu permanently hooked to my boat in a storage unit, but they're good solid trucks. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    For every fucked up ford, you can find a fucked up GM right behind it....

This^^^^^^

I have a 2000 V10 excursion.. I bought it new in 99. Aside from the regular maintenance, I've replaced ball joints, 4 batteries, and recently the fuel pump.. Lots if towing miles in the heat, and my boat and trailer are about 8500 lbs.. It lives in havasu permanently hooked to my boat in a storage unit, but they're good solid trucks. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Yeeep, I belive it... As much as I like a diesel, the V10 for a tow rig would work MUCHO better for me...

GRADS
    HotFord.com

Here's some of the things that I have replaced or fixed that are non-diesel related on my Excursion. Pretty common stuff for these trucks. I get a lot of use out of my truck.

Power Slot Cyro Rotors (www.summitracing.com) $280
    Hawk Brake Pads (www.summitracing.com) $90
    Hub Bearing Assembly & Labor Ford Motorcraft (www.sunriseford.com) $625
    Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar (Rear) (www.summitracing.com) $200
    Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings (Front) (www.summitracing.com) $21
    Napa Water Pump, V-Belt & Coolant (Napa) $284
    Hoses, Thermostat & Coolant (Napa) $112
    4WD Shift on the Fly Upgraded Hoses (Braided Lines) $76
    Driver Seat Cushion Pad (www.tousleyford.com) $80
    Driver Leather Bottom Seat Cover (www.theseatshop.com) $205
    Driver Leather Top Seat Cover with Limited (www.theseatshop.com) $265
    Passenger Seat Cushion Pad (www.sunriseford.com) $83
    Passenger Leather Bottom Seat Cover (www.theseatshop.com) $205
    Passenger Leather Top Seat Cover with Limited (www.theseatshop.com) $265
    Ball Joints and Front Axle Differential Seals and Labor (www.sunriseford.com) $1669
    Sway Bar Repair Kit (SL504 & SL505) & Steering Damper (6854SE) (Autozone) $190

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Yeeep, I belive it... As much as I like a diesel, the V10 for a tow rig would work MUCHO better for me...
    I don't think you'd say that if you owned one. The early V10 is a glorified small block. My nephew had F 350 4x4 he towed a 28' 5th wheel with. After putting a fresh air intake system, cat back exhaust, re-gearing the diff, and reprogramming with an Edge programer, he sold it and bought a 6.0 diesel. He got tired of getting smoked on any hill no matter how slight by me (7 .3 Powerstroke)and his dad (6.6 Duramax). The 6.0 once the week links (egr cooler) are dealt with are much better tow vehicles, better mileage, and a shit ton more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreaman View Post
    I don't think you'd say that if you owned one. The early V10 is a glorified small block. My nephew had F 350 4x4 he towed a 28' 5th wheel with. After putting a fresh air intake system, cat back exhaust, re-gearing the diff, and reprogramming with an Edge programer, he sold it and bought a 6.0 diesel. He got tired of getting smoked on any hill no matter how slight by me (7 .3 Powerstroke)and his dad (6.6 Duramax). The 6.0 once the week links (egr cooler) are dealt with are much better tow vehicles, better mileage, and a shit ton more power.
    I dont have a 28' 5th wheel OR ever plan to have one... Just small boats or my kayaks... MAYBE a small camper, thats just me though... Note that I said "would work much better for me" Also, I dont push my stuff up the hills, I let them fall back except for my mustangs...

But for someone that is towing big stuff OR for a work truck towing big loads IF I wanted a modern truck I would go with the Dodge Cummins 24v monster if I really needed the power and wanted it to last...

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreaman View Post
    If your towing 10,000 lbs constantly yes.. If your towing 6 or 8000 lbs occasionally, doesn't make any sense at all.. The extra initial cost, and substantial maintenance costs far out way the gains for a part time tow vehicle IMO.. The V10 has been a good, reliable hard pulling motor for me for 130,000 miles..

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

I'm sure you got a good truck for what you are using it for. We used the ford v-8 and v-10's 2000 to 2003 in the mountains of Colorado at the ski resort and they didn't fair to well on the mountain roads, they saw very Little pavement. We were pretty hard on them.