Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Lookin good!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Nice Project! I always get my super duty info from Powerstrokenation.com

Thanks.

I'm pooped. I'm gonna call it a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=78Southwind;85489] www.ford-trucks.com

I had pretty good luck there for a while.
    Seemed like a lot of attentive and super HELPFUL techs.
    A few years seemed as though I got more response than lately.
    But I still hit there when need be.
    RSCHAP1

Ford Truck Forums

Box is done. Just finished the hardest part.. Carpet! Now I'm waiting on new audio/ video stuff. A few things I wanted are on back order so I'll move on to something else next.

The truck has a junk Sony Explode sound system and some bs Perfomance techniques amps. Its all coming out! The only thing I'm going to leave are the rear tweeters.

I'm doing:

-Flip out screen on dash with DVD player
    -Flip down monitor for my friends in the back seat
    -4 new 6x9s
    -Adding two more tweeters to the a pillars
    -all new wiring
    -two new amps
    - two 8 inch subs

While I'm running the wiring I'll run everything for the compressor, train horns and rear flood lights.

The whimpy mirrors are coming off in exchange for tow mirrors. I can't see shit with these! The new style ones come with amber lights with signal and are heated so I need run the new wires through the doors for all that to work.

After this the truck will be getting all new upholstery, carpet and floor mats. I'm still trying to decide on colors. I'm thinking a charcoal leather and black carpet.

I'm also ordered a billet rear view mirror and billet knobs for the light, ac and 4x4 knobs. I think all this should help rid the truck of its work truck/ boring interior.

Last edited by niceguyeddie; 01-27-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post

Box is done. Just finished the hardest part.. Carpet! Now I'm waiting on new audio/ video stuff. A few things I wanted are on back order so I'll move on to something else next.

The truck has a junk Sony Explode sound system and some bs Perfomance techniques amps. Its all coming out! The only thing I'm going to leave are the rear tweeters.

I'm doing:

-Flip out screen on dash with DVD player
    -Flip down monitor for my friends in the back seat
    -4 new 6x9s
    -Adding two more tweeters to the a pillars
    -all new wiring
    -two new amps
    - two 8 inch subs

While I'm running the wiring I'll run everything for the compressor, train horns and rear flood lights.

The whimpy mirrors are coming off in exchange for tow mirrors. I can't see shit with these! The new style ones come with amber lights with signal and are heated so I need run the new wires through the doors for all that to work.

After this the truck will be getting all new upholstery, carpet and floor mats. I'm still trying to decide on colors. I'm thinking a charcoal leather and black carpet.

I'm also ordered a billet rear view mirror and billet knobs for the light, ac and 4x4 knobs. I think all this should help rid the truck of its work truck/ boring interior.

Sounds like you are are doing it up right. Just some food for though. With the big lift getting in and out of the bed can be a real hassle. The newer trucks have the man step built into them. The 08 Superduty tailgate with the man step will swap over to the 2000 truck and the lines will line up with the bottom of your tail lights. It looks like it was made for the earlier trucks and just not used. The only thing you will need to change is the driver side mounting point (2 bolts). It just goes right on then. The 08 gate also has an internal spring assist to help lower it softer. And the white is the same color code so you shouldn't have to have anything painted. I found a take off for mine and bought the hinge pin point from the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post

Where you going for towing mirrors (Ford or After Market) and new upholstery? I used The Seat Shop for my two bucket seats in my Excursion since Ford doesn't make the leather seat covers any more. I also bought new foam for the bottoms from Ford (my ass is much happier now). The Ford 2012 mirrors are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    Sounds like you are are doing it up right. Just some food for though. With the big lift getting in and out of the bed can be a real hassle. The newer trucks have the man step built into them. The 08 Superduty tailgate with the man step will swap over to the 2000 truck and the lines will line up with the bottom of your tail lights. It looks like it was made for the earlier trucks and just not used. The only thing you will need to change is the driver side mounting point (2 bolts). It just goes right on then. The 08 gate also has an internal spring assist to help lower it softer. And the white is the same color code so you shouldn't have to have anything painted. I found a take off for mine and bought the hinge pin point from the dealer.
    Good info and idea. Where did you find a used tailgate?

The tailgate on this truck is actually from an F150. The previous owner said a tree branch fell on it so he found one off an F150 that was whit. It matches great.

I had an Amp Research bed step on my previous truck. I may go that route.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 01-27-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    Where you going for towing mirrors (Ford or After Market) and new upholstery? I used The Seat Shop for my two bucket seats in my Excursion since Ford doesn't make the leather seat covers any more. I also bought new foam for the bottoms from Ford (my ass is much happier now). The Ford 2012 mirrors are pretty cool.

You had to post that! Lol... I was just sitting here thinking I should just say fuck it and do the power folding and extending rather than the manual ones. I'm going to research that. It can't be too difficult. I'm getting the mirrors from Ford. With my hookup, they shouldn't be too bad.

I. Taking the truck to a place in Fullerton to get an estimate later this week. A guy at work had his truck done there and they did a really great job and the prices were fair. I'll also go to Elegance in Upland to get a quote. Mark at Elegance has done a few things for me but getting a ride to Fullerton would be easier than getting a ride to Upland. Where's the seat shop?

My next item on the list to tackle will be fixing all of my door lock actuators. None of my doors open with the remote or door switches and all research leads me to the actuators. I read these are a common problem. I was going to replace them all, but after starting a thread on the Ford forums I leaned that they could be repaired. It looks rather simple so I'm going to give it a shot.

Here's a "how to" video I found

Last edited by niceguyeddie; 01-27-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Opps double post... I hate the new tapatalk!!!!
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 01-27-2014 at 11:35 PM.