Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ

Props to Menace Marine!!!

So, my project has taken WAY longer than ever expected! Lol

I met Dustin of Menace Marine almost two years ago through a mutual friend that had the same boat as me. Over this time I had picked his brain, boated, and partied with him. What a great guy and a very good business/ customer service man.

After working with a local shop on dyno'ing, tuning and chasing gremlins for 3 months I was told my boat is done. One of the happiest days of my life. So, the next day I packed up the family and headed to Elsinore. Sitting on the trailer the boat sounded unbelievable. We cruised around the lake and after the third lap I decided to leaned on the sticks to see how well she ran. She came out the hole great and pulled good up to 4000 rpms, once I got to 4000 rpms she fell flat on her face all the way to 5800 rpms. It felt like I was dragging an anchor! No excitement, motor didn't pull at all and when I backed out of the throttle she back fired and died. I opened the hatch to see if there was something obvious but the only thing I saw was a mild amount of oil in the bilge. WTF, this is a new motor there isn't supposed to be any oil in the bilge. At this time I was highly frustrated and extremely upset because of all the money I spent (Dyno, tuning, pulling the motor to replace the entire wire harness, and another tune), time off of work, and promises that fell short. I cruised back to the docks and put She's Mine on the trailer. Everyone was disappointed, even my little ones that were excited to finally be out on the lake. As we were pulling the trailer up the launch ramp my GF looked at me and said, "time to call Dustin". Now, Dustin knew everything I was going through the whole time and always gave me great advice and calmed my nerves. So here we were, at Lake Elsinore on a Sunday afternoon around 3:30. I call Dustin up and he answers his shop phone, can you believe it on a Sunday he's at the shop working on a customer's boat. After a little chit chat he can tell I'm frustrated and not happy. I ask him if he has any big projects going on at the moment and he says I'll make room for you, when would you like to bring her up? I replied, I can be there in 2 hours. He says sure I'll be here waiting for you. Where in the world can you find a shop that is willing to do that? I couldn't get to Valencia fast enough.

So Monday comes and just after lunch I get a call from Dustin. "Well I found your oil leak and looked at your tune and have a few things I see we can change". That week he fixes the oil leak with a new gasket and tightens the distributor down. The distributor was loose, are you kidding me? A few days go by and I get another call. It's Dustin on his way back from the lake. He goes over his findings; boat is flat on the top end, dies when I you back out of the throttle after a speed run, back fires and dies when coming off idle also tells me my kill switch is going out. He tells me, not to worry I can take care of everything and heads back to the shop

So, I get a call Sunday (yesterday). It's Dustin, Myke just got off the lake and your boat is done (who works on Sunday, WOW). We did 10 + high speed passes and she is pulling hard. The tune is spot on and She's Mine is not running fat. I ask if the transom is black and his reply, nope looks good. Woo Hoo, no more spending an hour on the ramp cleaning all the soot off her. I then ask if there is any oil in the bilge and he says, nope no oil or water she is as clean as a whistle. This is awesome because I am anal about crap like that. And to think the other shop handed me my boat back with it like this?

Now this is great news, I've been waiting for a phone call like this for 4 months and never got it! I have Dustin work on her and within a couple of weeks he figures every thing out that the other shop couldn't and even corrects what I paid them to do.

If you want to have your boat worked on right that won't cost you an arm and a leg, be mechanically worry free, and by someone who has great customer service take your boat to MENACE MARINE!

Dustin, thank you for every thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by She's Mine; 01-21-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Unforgiven
    Dustin does great work..but since your boat is leaving, you think it's OK he starts on Mine???

Glad you got it all worked out. Sounds like they took good care of you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

That's awesome, its things like that that will make his company go far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words Myke. Glad we could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMC

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Great job Dustin and congrats She's Mine

Finding someone who actually takes pride in what they do and cares isn't easy these days. Its good the hear that Dustin and Menace are taking care of their customers and taking care of business. No one is perfect, but when you make the effort and do your best to take care of your customer, a customer can't ask for much more. I can't count the number of times the shops I've used have missed or overlooked problems with my boats or vehicles. When you call them on it you usually get the standard response "you didn't ask me to check on that". Really?

I've heard nothing but good about the folks at Menace, good to hear these stories!!

Great Positive story

Awesome story and great work Dustin!!