Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Ziggy.....I've had Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T over the years.....currently I have AT&T and find it to be the best coverage here in Havasu and on the lake. I use it at my place across the lake, down in the cove we like near Cat Tail cove and up near the Needles Bridge with no issues and good coverage.

I initially had an issue here at the house but after calling AT&T they sent me an Mcell which increases coverage around the house by hooking into the high speed internet so I always have a full 5 bars now for all my AT&T devices.

They are in the process of upgrading their towers here from 4G to LTE and while the 4G speed is very good when I'm in Vegas or CA and get an LTE signal the speed is faster than my wired internet at the house. If I was looking to make a move I'd stick with AT&T right now for your time in Havasu......as you know in the major metros like when your home everyone has good coverage.

I stay connected all the way between Havasu and CA with the exception of a 10 mile stretch or so on Rice RD when you forst make the turn toward Desert Center but 10 minutes and you have coverage again......pretty much 4-5 bars everywhere I go and think they have the absolute best coverage in town and on the lake in Havasu!!!
    I agree with you Paul...but Verizon is getting better on the water especially in the Bullhead area. I don't remember ever having any problems with Verizon's coverage in Havasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    My iPhone prefers not to be labeled

Sent from my Bat Cave
    OK...iPhone's are lighthearted and joyful is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    OK...iPhone's are lighthearted and joyful is that better?
    Yes

Sent from my Bat Cave

In Havasu, I don't get why Verizon phone service is descent, but Internet on phone is slow.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    In Havasu, I don't get why Verizon phone service is descent, but Internet on phone is slow.

CH3NO2
    So you have an iPhone with Verizon? Trying to figure out what you're saying.
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 01-21-2014 at 02:12 PM.

So you have an iPhone with Verizon? Trying to figure out what your saying.
    Yes, have iPhone with Verizon.
    Internet on phone is slow there.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Cell Phone Guru's

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post

CH3NO2
    We'll.....voice got much better last year when Verizon bought Mohave Wireless it's just that their data capabilities were inferior and Verizon is playing catchup to get the data portion up to spec....rumor is that it will be there in 12 months. The other issue is bandwidth....on big weekends all the carriers data slows down when everyone is here from out of town accessing the internet wirelessly.
    Last edited by Paul65K; 01-21-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    We'll.....voice got much better last year when Verizon bought Mohave Wireless it's just that their data capabilities was inferior and Verizon is playing catchup to get the data portion up to spec....rumor is that it will be there in 12 months. The other issue is bandwidth....on big weekends all the carriers data slows down when everyone is here from out of town accessing the internet wirelessly.
    Thanks Paul, good explanation.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Wendi
    So here's deal. I have an unlimited cell phone plan, text, talk and data. I am currently out of contract and would like to upgrade my phone to a Samsung Note 3. However, if I upgrade my phone using the discounted price from Verizon with a 2 year contract I will lose my unlimited data and have to sign up for one of their new data plans (verizon is basically trying to get rid of the unlimited data deal without having a class action lawsuit). I don't want to lose my unlimited data so I am forced to buy the phone on my own. I have seen a couple Note 3 phones that are for Verizon and others that are unlocked.

What's better to buy a phone that is specifically to your carrier or one that is unlocked?

Also, It seems like Amazon is the best place to buy ($650). But does any know of other stores that have good deals?
    Check Costco I thought I saw the Note phone for 299.99

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Check Costco I thought I saw the Note phone for 299.99
    Yeah, I know. It was $219 two weeks ago. Costco is one of the first to tell me I would lose my unlimited plan if I went back to a contract phone.