Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    I have sprint unlimited for both our iPhones. It's not perfect, but I don't think I'll change. Everyone I know that has AT&T or Verizon has the same complaints as we do. For us it works good. The company I work for switched all our work phones over to verizon (about 200 of them)... It's fucking terrible. Most of the people (myself included) have had their work phones forwarded to their personal phones it's so bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The company I work for also is with Verizon so I get a discount as well. Now that Verizon has upgraded their network at the river, this is the first time I have been 100% happy with Verizon. So I am staying with Verizon, I just want to find a deal on the Note 3 without a contract so I don't lose the my unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    What a bummer I have the Verizon unlimited plan and I'll be pissed if they change it.

They did that several years ago where they took away the unlimited plan and they brought it back. I've been with Verizon for 14 years. I'll just pay full price for my next new phone.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I hear ya...I have been with Verizon since they were AirTouch back in the mid 90's. I left them when Sprint got into the picture but left soon after and went back to Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    The only thing you need to do is buy a smartphone that works on the Verizon network and then have them substitute handsets on your account.

You may be able to buy one at Walgreens or Wal-Mart brand new that is set-up to work on Verizon's "Pay as you go" network and simply have Verizon substitute the handsets....they may or may not charge you for this but it would change your data plan.

You can also buy any "Locked" phone as long as it is locked to the Verizon network and not Sprint. Verizon uses CDMA technology as does Sprint......AT&T as well as T-Mobile use GSM technology. Verizon/Sprint phone are proprietary to their networks so you have to make sure you find a Verizon phone. I know this sounds confusing but basically what Verizon is saying is that they don't want to sell you a new phone at a heavily subsidized price only to have you continue using a plan that could "potentially" cost them money on the data plan.

Good luck!
    Thanks...I am going to look around some more. The Pay as you go plans are only G3.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    I hear ya...I have been with Verizon since they were AirTouch back in the mid 90's. I left them when Sprint got into the picture but left soon after and went back to Verizon.
    Same here. Was with V from day one and changed to T-mobile 2 years ago because of cost. Regretted it a few weeks later as we traveled across the states and found their coverage sucked. Worse yet is it barely works in Havasu and has no service on the lake south of copper canyon. My 2 years end in April so I'm hunting for the best we can find with good service on the lake as well as normal metro areas.
    I keep looking at threads related to cell service on the boards, hope it helps me find the right one
    From my POS T-mobile thingie
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Same here. Was with V from day one and changed to T-mobile 2 years ago because of cost. Regretted it a few weeks later as we traveled across the states and found their coverage sucked. Worse yet is it barely works in Havasu and has no service on the lake south of copper canyon. My 2 years end in April so I'm hunting for the best we can find with good service on the lake as well as normal metro areas.
    I keep looking at threads related to cell service on the boards, hope it helps me find the right one
    MMA and I have kept our cell providers separate she has At&T and I have Verizon because of the service on the water. The last place we want to be is stuck on the water during a night float without cell service. MMA has always had better service on the water with AT&T but just recently my service with Verizon has been as good as hers on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ziggy.....I've had Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T over the years.....currently I have AT&T and find it to be the best coverage here in Havasu and on the lake. I use it at my place across the lake, down in the cove we like near Cat Tail cove and up near the Needles Bridge with no issues and good coverage.

I initially had an issue here at the house but after calling AT&T they sent me an Mcell which increases coverage around the house by hooking into the high speed internet so I always have a full 5 bars now for all my AT&T devices.

They are in the process of upgrading their towers here from 4G to LTE and while the 4G speed is very good when I'm in Vegas or CA and get an LTE signal the speed is faster than my wired internet at the house. If I was looking to make a move I'd stick with AT&T right now for your time in Havasu......as you know in the major metros like when your home everyone has good coverage.

I stay connected all the way between Havasu and CA with the exception of a 10 mile stretch or so on Rice RD when you forst make the turn toward Desert Center but 10 minutes and you have coverage again......pretty much 4-5 bars everywhere I go and think they have the absolute best coverage in town and on the lake in Havasu!!!

I know this thread is about providers, I read iPhone 6 is coming out in Oct.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post

CH3NO2
    Makes sense.......that's their typical release time frame each year

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post

CH3NO2
    Let's see how many people I can piss off...iPhone's are gay.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    Let's see how many people I can piss off...iPhone's are gay.
    My iPhone prefers not to be labeled

Sent from my Bat Cave