Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    WESTERNAERO

AN / JIC Fittings

So last summer I almost sunk my boat do to a AN fitting on my cooling lines becoming so corroded it overheated the exhaust tubing. Which let to the hose rupturing and allowing water to enter the boat through a 4" hole. It was going down fast but luckily, I was able to get in on the trailer as water came over the transom. It basically sank on the trailer.
    Since then, I've decided not to use Aluminum fitting anymore and run only stainless. In my search for stainless fittings I've noticed the fitting I'm looking for are hard to find and the quality of them sucks. So I've started making the ones I need myself. If I make one fitting it just as easy to let the machine run and make 10, 20, 30 pieces. I'm not looking to start a new business making fittings but I figured maybe some of you HotBoat people might be interested in these and some of the other fittings I'm going to be making in the future for my boat.
    Being an Aerospace parts supplier I have access to the specs that these are supposed to be made to. Not like some or most of the ones on the market that are back engineered. As I go along making different sizes and styles I will post up pics and If somebody needs some of the same send me a PM.
    Mr. HotBoat, I hope you're okay with me offering this on here. If it's and issue let me know, I understand.

This fitting was feeding water to my CMI headers, its a -12, well it's supposed to be anyway. This is not from saltwater, this is from the Colorado River water.
    Name:  OLD WATER.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  181.1 KB
    Last edited by WESTERNAERO; 01-18-2014 at 01:41 PM.

I have no issue with this at all. If it will help a fellow boater I'm all for it. I've seen some of the stuff you do and its pretty bad ass.

WESTERNAERO
    This is the first fitting I've made. -12 AN to -12 O-ring. Notice the large flanged shoulder for the hex. The O-ring style fittings I've found do not have a large enough shoulder to fully close off the O-ring. Also has a taper on the ID for better flow. In the last picture you can see how the o-ring is completely shut off, unlike some that use a standard union and the o-ring is exposed at the flats of the hex.
    Name:  -12 to -12 oring4.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  56.7 KBName:  -12 to -12 oring3.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  52.4 KBName:  -12 to -12 oring.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  45.8 KBName:  -12 to -12 oring5.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  41.5 KB
    Last edited by WESTERNAERO; 01-18-2014 at 01:50 PM.

304 or 316SS? out of curiosity.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    304 or 316SS? out of curiosity.
    316, sorry should have mentioned that.
    AS-4395 spec for hose end

Damn Spammer!!

Beautiful work. Excellent design. I'd order a few, but every 12 X 12 I have is used on oil.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Damn Spammer!!

Beautiful work. Excellent design. I'd order a few, but every 12 X 12 I have is used on oil.
    Just tired of out of tolerance Chines junk.
    -6, -8, -10 to follow. O-ring and NPT. And some other specials.

Damn Spammer!!

Boater spam is acceptable, smoothie spam is not

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Just tired of out of tolerance Chines junk.
    -6, -8, -10 to follow. O-ring and NPT. And some other specials.
    You know, you could laser etch each flat with DCB and sell them for 350.00 each, 550.00 polished.
    Make them of gold plated Unobtainium and sell them for 1500.00 each and they will use them on their bilge pumps that have the Official DCB logo.

WESTERNAERO
    You know, you could laser etch each flat with DCB and sell them for 350.00 each, 550.00 polished.
    Make them of gold plated Unobtainium and sell them for 1500.00 each and they will use them on their bilge pumps that have the Official DCB logo.
    Bob you must be bored tonight. Where's 2MM and his ford crap for you to pick on.