Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Bob you must be bored tonight. Where's 2MM and his ford crap for you to pick on.
    I'm not picking on you. I think the fittings are bad azz, and I am truly interested in getting a few. But the big money is in the 40 ft plus channel yachts. I'm wondering how many of those would it take to completely outfit 2 Merc 1650s. Chaa Ching!

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I'm not picking on you. I think the fittings are bad azz, and I am truly interested in getting a few. But the big money is in the 40 ft plus channel yachts. I'm wondering how many of those would it take to completely outfit 2 Merc 1650s. Chaa Ching!
    I was just giving you shit, I'm pretty thick skinned. I wrote that with a big fat smile.
    Yeah I know that's where the money would be with this sort of thing if I were looking to market them to marine apps. Not sure I even want to go there. I'd have to start a side gig with different equipment to make worth while. I know all about these type of fitting, I've be making them for a long time for the oil/gas and energy industries. Plus all the fuel system stuff for planes ans space flight shit. To make them in a hobby fashion for guys that appreciate nice stuff is really why I put on here. If mercury approached me about making a shit pile of them, would I turn them down? Hell no. Who knows maybe someone might want a 1000 of them.

Its too bad they take so much effort to pop out in limited numbers. I would think you could sell them thru boat parts houses and AN suppliers. But I doubt they would give you a large enough order at a time to justify the hassle off doing it.

Not bored, but when you can respond to a boat related thread here, you jump on it.

You ever get around whipping up -8 X 1/2 MPT, I could use a few.

WESTERNAERO
    Next week I'm finishing some -12 to 3/4NPT and -12 to 1/2 NPT and -12 to -10 O-ring. I was going to move on to -10's but I can do 8's first. How many do you need? I'll just send you some you can buy me a beer sometime. PM me a shipping address.

Next week I'm finishing some -12 to 3/4NPT and -12 to 1/2 NPT and -12 to -10 O-ring. I was going to move on to -10's but I can do 8's first. How many do you need? I'll just send you some you can buy me a beer sometime. PM me a shipping address.
    Let me count them up. It will be more than a couple beers worth, and I may have some places for the sizes you just posted. I'll send you a PM when I figure them out.

Very Nice...

I was just giving you shit, I'm pretty thick skinned. I wrote that with a big fat smile.
    Yeah I know that's where the money would be with this sort of thing if I were looking to market them to marine apps. Not sure I even want to go there. I'd have to start a side gig with different equipment to make worth while. I know all about these type of fitting, I've be making them for a long time for the oil/gas and energy industries. Plus all the fuel system stuff for planes ans space flight shit. To make them in a hobby fashion for guys that appreciate nice stuff is really why I put on here. If mercury approached me about making a shit pile of them, would I turn them down? Hell no. Who knows maybe someone might want a 1000 of them.
    Can we re plumb my entire Schiada? Shit looks bad ass man!

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by SFV2RVR View Post
    Can we re plumb my entire Schiada? Shit looks bad ass man!
    For you fucker, 1 million dollars. And don't tell me you don't have it.

For you fucker, 1 million dollars. And don't tell me you don't have it.
    Straight off, all Schiada owners have to pay 99.995% of the list price the DCB owners pay. Seahorse lazer etching is double.
    .00001% discount for volume purchases over 150,000 buy in.

Those are very nice pieces. I wish I was to the plumbing stage on my boat. I am a little anal about clean and sanitary looking lines and wires. But you'd need to make some with longer threads to allow a thru transom fittings with a jamb nut and washer for the water lines.