Race track bound today

Signed up for this charity thing at the Sonoma/Sears Point raceway for today.

http://sonoma.speedwaycharities.org/...193407_9981542

For a hundred dollar donation I get to drive my car around the track (following a pace car, bummer). My time slot isn't until 4:00. I'll have pics and Gopro video tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    Signed up for this charity thing at the Sonoma/Sears Point raceway for today.

http://sonoma.speedwaycharities.org/...193407_9981542

For a hundred dollar donation I get to drive my car around the track (following a pace car, bummer). My time slot isn't until 4:00. I'll have pics and Gopro video tonight.
    Have you driven that track before? What car are we going to be riding in with you and your go pro? What happends if you pass the pace car are you going to lose championship points? Have Fun and Make us Proud...

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    Have you driven that track before? What car are we going to be riding in with you and your go pro? What happends if you pass the pace car are you going to lose championship points? Have Fun and Make us Proud...
    We have an 06 330i. I'm sure I'm not going to be able to put her through the paces but should be a blast.

Waiting my turn.

Well it was really fun to actually drive on this track that I've been to dozens of times and seen on TV more then I know. Kind of sucked though the way we were lined up. No rhyme or reason.
    We were in groups of 10 following a pace car. Drivers meeting we were told the pace cars would drive according to how the group was wanting to go.
    I ended up fourth in line for my time group. First was an old guy in mid to late Monte Carlo I think. Couldn't even keep up with the Corolla pace car.
    Here's the Gopro, don't mind the F bomb frustration from me.

Bmwcca puts on some great drivers ed courses. Instructor in the passenger seat, passing with point by only, and as fast as you want. PCA (the faster German car company) do as well, and tend to be pretty inclusive.

Prices are reasonable.

Its too bad you couldn't do this more often at different places like Fontana speedway. How cool would it be to rent the track for an hour and put something like a corvette on the track for an hour so you could safely open it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Race track bound today

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhippy View Post
    Bmwcca puts on some great drivers ed courses. Instructor in the passenger seat, passing with point by only, and as fast as you want. PCA (the faster German car company) do as well, and tend to be pretty inclusive.

Prices are reasonable.
    Dude behind me, driving an Audi S4 told be about something called "hooked on driving". Sounds like what you're talking about. I'll inquire about bmwcca tomorrow.