Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I grew up in Northern California so I was ALWAYS conscious of water use and conservation......it was as much a part of out life as wearing a seat belt when getting into a car.

I them moved to southern CA when I got out of school and haven't had to worry about it since...............because we get all that water we need from up north and because that Mullholland guys made sure we'd have enough water down here way back in the 30's so we really don't care about those guys up north...............Now I live in AZ and I think it's about time that those selfish people in So Cal buck up and start saving water
    Agreed,,,,,Eliminate Lawns would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Agreed,,,,,Eliminate Lawns would be a great start.
    Eliminating all the brush on the hills of the freeways would be a great start as well. They planted bushes and trees along the 210 freeway which is not that old east of La Verne. Why didn't they go hardscape like AZ? No water and would honestly look better than the dry brush they have now. Must be so CalTrans can have something to do a couple times a year.....shut down lanes of the freeway and justify their existence.