Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    On a side note, if I was able to smoke and handle it, I would probably do it more than drink the booze
    It's a lot less expensive and a lot more enjoyable! lol

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I agree that taken in moderation based on one's tolerance of a substance. Now what that should come down to is personal responsibility. When we get the government involved, all we do is waste tax payer money, accomplish nothing and create new problems. There will be irresponsible people everywhere. Sober and impaired. Shit, I came inches to getting ran over while running last night because some young woman wasn't paying attention. I think the penalty for pure ignorance or stupidity should far outweigh being drunk or high.

I totally understand and appreciate where you're coming from. I also don't want to see someone get hurt or killed from an impaired driver. Every person is different so you're right about how one handles a substance. For example if I eat off a roach coach, I'll be on the toilet the remainder of my day, however many people eat it everyday with no issues. I think we're better off hoping that people just make better decisions on their own. When you get the government involved things only get worse. For instance the war on drugs has cost tax payers billions and drug use has only gone up. DUI task forces cost the tax payers millions every year, yet DUIs have not gone down. Why? Well because it just turns into a business for them. They don't want it to stop and they try to make it easier to bust people so they can hire more cops and feed there pensions. You can't even get around drinking and driving. If you try to walk home, they'll bust you for drunk in public.

A solution would be good to every problem (should one exist), but how good has law enforcement been at solving problems?
    Very good point! Trust me, I am on board with you the less government in peoples lives, the better.
    Like you said, people taking personal responsibility is what it boils down to. In todays would, it seems like more and more people are lacking such responsibility unfortunately.
    Good little convo, thanks for broadening my thought process on this subject....not 100% convinced but def seeing a different angle...

Very good point! Trust me, I am on board with you the less government in peoples lives, the better.
    Like you said, people taking personal responsibility is what it boils down to. In todays would, it seems like more and more people are lacking such responsibility unfortunately.
    Good little convo, thanks for broadening my thought process on this subject....not 100% convinced but def seeing a different angle...
    Cool! I like these conversations. As long as people don't get all preachy and take it personal, two people can express their ideas and let that be that. I like listening to other people that have different opinions. If everyone were like me, life would be boring.

Hope TBI sees this thread.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Hope TBI sees this thread.
    Is that the guy that banned me on the other site? lol

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Is that the guy that banned me on the other site? lol
    I didn't know that, but he has vast knowlege about marijauna.
    CH3NO2

I am all for Legalization when this comes out!

http://www.fastcompany.com/3039229/r...alyzer-for-pot

RESEARCHERS DEVELOP A BREATHALYZER FOR POT

BY PAVITHRA MOHAN
    Today in weed: Law enforcement officers may soon be able to detect if you're driving while high.

Researchers at Washington State University are currently developing a test that will measure marijuana impairment through a breath sample, much like how breathalyzers determine blood alcohol levels. The only option currently available is a blood test, which doesn't offer the type of immediacy needed if officers suspect that a driver is under the hazy influence of pot.

The handheld device tests for THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, by harnessing the same technology used by airport security to detect drugs and explosives. (Think five nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood instead of 0.08 BAC.) For now, however, the breath test likely won't give exact numbers and will only indicate the presence of active THC.

A marijuana breathalyzer couldn't come at a better time, with pot now legalized in four states and in D.C. Since the state of Washington legalized the drug in 2012, it saw the number of pot-addled drivers jump from 18.6% that year to 25% in 2013.

Have never tried the stuff.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I am all for Legalization when this comes out!

http://www.fastcompany.com/3039229/r...alyzer-for-pot

RESEARCHERS DEVELOP A BREATHALYZER FOR POT

BY PAVITHRA MOHAN
    Today in weed: Law enforcement officers may soon be able to detect if you're driving while high.

Researchers at Washington State University are currently developing a test that will measure marijuana impairment through a breath sample, much like how breathalyzers determine blood alcohol levels. The only option currently available is a blood test, which doesn't offer the type of immediacy needed if officers suspect that a driver is under the hazy influence of pot.

The handheld device tests for THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, by harnessing the same technology used by airport security to detect drugs and explosives. (Think five nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood instead of 0.08 BAC.) For now, however, the breath test likely won't give exact numbers and will only indicate the presence of active THC.

A marijuana breathalyzer couldn't come at a better time, with pot now legalized in four states and in D.C. Since the state of Washington legalized the drug in 2012, it saw the number of pot-addled drivers jump from 18.6% that year to 25% in 2013.
    that term made me laugh..........

Hey RR, Im with you... I can't handle it very well, one hit wonder here especially with the new and improved MMJ shrubbery...

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    that term made me laugh..........
    Hey RR, Im with you... I can't handle it very well, one hit wonder here especially with the new and improved MMJ shrubbery...
    LOL yah that stuff is not for me but by all means, if one can handle it and they can test it.
    Legalize it and tax the crap out of it like they do alcohol and cigs.