Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My back is starting to hurt,,,,,

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Don't try the XJ13....... Turrible stuff so im told........
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    AZ statistics;
    73% of buyers are male
    70% of sales occur on Fri & Sat

:

CH3NO2
    Who gives a hootenanny. When people smoke weed, they typically leave other people alone and mind their own business. Unlike legal alcohol! Many pot smokers who obtain medical cards work normal 9-5 jobs. Would you rather most sales be on Tuesday afternoons? I have friends that are doctors, lawyers, business owners and etc that all like to smoke a lil pot from time to time. Big deal.

I believe it all comes down to individual rights. If you want to eat ten cheeseburgers a day, go ahead. As long as you're not breaking any laws and leaving me alone, do as you may. It's not my business.

How many overdoses from pot have been recorded? Zero! How many cases of domestic violence, murder, rape, theft and car accidents have there been from people getting high? .... Now how many for legal alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by SBS933 View Post
    As soon as the Feds. can figure how to tax it, there will be joint vending machines in the High Schools. Pills and Weed and they still won't balance the Deficit.

Never going to happen. They make more money arresting people and seizing their property from The War on Drugs. It's not about government income. They already make one! A fat one!

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    It's not a wonder why this country is going down hill. Where do you think the kids will get the money? Car parts, boat parts and anything else they can find in our homes and bank accounts!!! I hate thieves especially drug addicted ones!!!

Weed is a plant so you can grow it. There's no need to steal for it.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 01-17-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Im all for legalizing it as long as they can have an on the spot test to see if one smoked 5min ago or a day, week, month ago.
    Personally, I cant handle that stuff so I know I wont be able to drive and if I did, got in an accident and injured someone I deserve to be punished.
    So they have a test but how can they establish how high one person is and how long ago they smoked?
    Until I hear of such testing method, I dont think I can support it.

However, I do think it does less harm too the body then booze does.
    Just curious... Who is "they" that would be conducting these tests? I hope not the government. They intrude into our lives enough. The shitty thing about weed is that you can trace it for 30+ days. Yet it's a harmless substance. Now crystal meth can or heroin is out of one's system in 2-3 days.

I enjoy these conversations. It's the Libertarian in me. lol

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Just curious... Who is "they" that would be conducting these tests? I hope not the government. They intrude into our lives enough. The shitty thing about weed is that you can trace it for 30+ days. Yet it's a harmless substance. Now crystal meth can or heroin is out of one's system in 2-3 days.

I enjoy these conversations. It's the Libertarian in me. lol
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Just curious... Who is "they" that would be conducting these tests? I hope not the government. They intrude into our lives enough. The shitty the thing about weed is that you can trace it for 30+ days. Yet it's a harmless substance. Now crystal meth can or heroin is out of one's system in 2-3 days.
    The POPO...THe issue I have is that there is no accurate test to see if one is stoned or not and to what extent a person is stoned....
    So what if someone is operating a motor vehicle and kills someone because they are high off their ass? THey should get punished right? What if someone kills someone while driving, gets tested and shows weed in their system but they smoked 5 days ago. We know they are not stoned, but will they get punished?
    Like I said, I do not know of such test and until that time, I can support legalizing it. However, I am for legalizing it once a test can be established.
    Mush like the BAL test, we know how much a person has drank and how drunk they are. I think we need that for weed if we are going to legalize it...
    IMO

The POPO...THe issue I have is that there is no accurate test to see if one is stoned or not and to what extent a person is stoned....
    So what if someone is operating a motor vehicle and kills someone because they are high off their ass? THey should get punished right? What if someone kills someone while driving, gets tested and shows weed in their system but they smoked 5 days ago. We know they are not stoned, but will they get punished?
    Like I said, I do not know of such test and until that time, I can support legalizing it. However, I am for legalizing it once a test can be established.
    Mush like the BAL test, we know how much a person has drank and how drunk they are. I think we need that for weed if we are going to legalize it...
    IMO
    Well here's the thing. Rather than paying scientists millions of dollars to come up with such a test. Show me a driving test comparing a sober person against a high person. Let's see the comparison. I doubt there's much if any. Put it this way: I can get extremely high and read a book. When extremely drunk I can't even open a book. Weed makes you more alert to your surrounding and more open minded. Legal alcohol turns people into complete retards. There's no way i would have licked Eli's face if I was high that night. However give me booze and the sky's the limit!

Well here's the thing. Rather than paying scientists millions of dollars to come up with such a test. Show me a driving test comparing a sober person against a high person. Let's see the comparison. I doubt there's much if any. Put it this way: I can get extremely high and read a book. When extremely drunk I can't even open a book. Weed makes you more alert to your surrounding and more open minded. Legal alcohol turns people into complete retards.
    I think that it effects everyone differently.
    Personally, speaking from experience, I can not function while high one bit....I trust myself with alcohol way more than weed...
    I hear what you are saying and have been told that some people feel more normal while high but I must say, I can not be the only person that weed effects negatively...And I know there are irresponsible people out there that cant handle it and will drive possible putting other lives in danger.
    I dont know of a solution but I am def open to suggestions and hearing peoples ideas...

On a side note, if I was able to smoke and handle it, I would probably do it more than drink the booze

I think that it effects everyone differently.
    Personally, speaking from experience, I can not function while high one bit....I trust myself with alcohol way more than weed...
    I hear what you are saying and have been told that some people feel more normal while high but I must say, I can not be the only person that weed effects negatively...And I know there are irresponsible people out there that cant handle it and will drive possible putting other lives in danger.
    I dont know of a solution but I am def open to suggestions and hearing peoples ideas...
    I agree that taken in moderation based on one's tolerance of a substance. Now what that should come down to is personal responsibility. When we get the government involved, all we do is waste tax payer money, accomplish nothing and create new problems. There will be irresponsible people everywhere. Sober and impaired. Shit, I came inches to getting ran over while running last night because some young woman wasn't paying attention. I think the penalty for pure ignorance or stupidity should far outweigh being drunk or high.

I totally understand and appreciate where you're coming from. I also don't want to see someone get hurt or killed from an impaired driver. Every person is different so you're right about how one handles a substance. For example if I eat off a roach coach, I'll be on the toilet the remainder of my day, however many people eat it everyday with no issues. I think we're better off hoping that people just make better decisions on their own. When you get the government involved things only get worse. For instance the war on drugs has cost tax payers billions and drug use has only gone up. DUI task forces cost the tax payers millions every year, yet DUIs have not gone down. Why? Well because it just turns into a business for them. They don't want it to stop and they try to make it easier to bust people so they can hire more cops and feed there pensions. You can't even get around drinking and driving. If you try to walk home, they'll bust you for drunk in public.

A solution would be good to every problem (should one exist), but how good has law enforcement been at solving problems?