Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Income Tax '13

Income Tax '13

:(
    Received notice this morning I was audited for '09.

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 04-08-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    CH3NO2

:(

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Thats def not fun

That sucks!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    I am sure your CPA tells you this (I am not one and this is not tax advice ) but if you ever have any problems with your Adjusted Gross Income being to high causing you to hit the Phaseout Limit (limiting your Real Estate Losses) if you do a little planning through you and your wife's 401(k) plans or other retirement plans you may be able to get your AGI low enough to stay under the Phaseout Limit.
    Or..........if you're a "Real Estate Professional" you can also find a way around this limitation if you fall into the AMT category...........again not legal/tax advice but something to make sure you ask your tax preparer.

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    That sucks!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Since English and grammar are important in your profession does it not seem strange the author of the cover letter uses "I" instead of "The AZ dept of revenue" to reference the dept? He references "I" a few times in the first paragraph...almost appears fake. Idk, maybe it's just the way I read it.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

WOW! after reading what everyone pays their CPA, I'm damn lucky been going to the same place since I was 16, first the dad now the son, I only pay $45 for mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    What's an EA?

CH3NO2
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatnaked View Post
    WOW! after reading what everyone pays their CPA, I'm damn lucky been going to the same place since I was 16, first the dad now the son, I only pay $45 for mine!
    I have no doubt that you are getting a great deal but just out of curiosity how many schedules do you typically have along with your return each year?
    • Schedule C?
    • Schedule D?
    • Schedule E?
    • Etc.....

Depending on how many properties, investments, businesses, etc... Makes a good deal of difference on how much time it takes to prepare a return..........just sayin'

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Since English and grammar are important in your profession does it not seem strange the author of the cover letter uses "I" instead of "The AZ dept of revenue" to reference the dept? He references "I" a few times in the first paragraph...almost appears fake. Idk, maybe it's just the way I read it.

CH3NO2
    Yea it does. You should call the narcissist and make sure it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatnaked View Post
    It always hurts to pay $350 a year for my tax returns, then I get the call I got today with my total refund amount and I'm thrilled to pay them for their services.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

It always hurts to pay $350 a year for my tax returns, then I get the call I got today with my total refund amount and I'm thrilled to pay them for their services.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I hear you........I was just hoping that I'd not have to pay in this year and went through the final numbers with my accountant yesterday. Good news is that I'm actually getting enough $$ back to buy a new boat......filed electronically and I should have the money in my account from both the Feds and the State within 10 days.....here's the boat I have my eye on

Name:  Toy boat.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  24.3 KB

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611