Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Income Tax '13

Income Tax '13

Starting to get stuff ready, argh!
    For me the painful part is organizing records. I will be using Turbo Tax premier this year...years past I've used regular TT. Last year I sold some stock and had to upgrade to Premier after the fact.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    I pay a CPA and then wait for the check to be deposited in my account....pretty painless.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I pay a CPA and then wait for the check to be deposited in my account....pretty painless.
    Nice, but I'm a cheap bastard.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Nice, but I'm a cheap bastard.

CH3NO2
    My CPA and I have been friends since we were 14, even lived together a few years so I only get charged $300

Best money spent is a "creative" tax guy/CPA.

Sent from somewhere on the water
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

I've used a CPA for 12 years and it's the best. I always get a refund well worth the $300-400.

Sent from my Bat Cave

The tax code is like the laws. Written to perpetuate a industry by those that benefit from it. Job security. Like owning the company responsible for fixing pot holes, and having a corner on the front end alignment business, Not only how many pot holes are you going to fill, but how many would you create in the middle of the night?

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    The tax code is like the laws. Written to perpetuate a industry by those that benefit from it. Job security. Like owning the company responsible for fixing pot holes, and having a corner on the front end alignment business, Not only how many pot holes are you going to fill, but how many would you create in the middle of the night?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    In simple terms. There will never be tax reform to a flat tax as too many accountants would be out of jobs.

Started using a CPA when i bought my house. Best 250 I spend a year.