Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Unforgiven

Desert Storm, Run it, or watch it

We've been going to Desert Storm the past 5 years. we've always spectated..Last year we where trying to get the boat done in time so we could run it, But we didn't get a chance to dial in the boat..So this year our plans are to run it, go to the dinners and all that other stuff..So for for those who have been there..which was more fun...Running it? or sitting back partying/spectating??

All of the above.

Run the fucker. That little 26, like mine, won't see much over 85 if you find good water, but I didn't care it was a blast!!

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    All of the above.

Run the fucker. That little 26, like mine, won't see much over 85 if you find good water, but I didn't care it was a blast!!
    Curious and it would be nice to share with others? Did you finish? and did you get all your cards during your run? Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Curious and it would be nice to share with others? Did you finish? and did you get all your cards during your run? Carry on.
    You just called me selfish in another thread, so no, I'm not going to share

Wendi
    You just called me selfish in another thread, so no, I'm not going to share
    Ok well it would have been better if you did, because I know the truth, would you like one more chance???

Ok well it would have been better if you did, because I know the truth, would you like one more chance???
    I will allow you to embellish. Have fun LOL

I've ran it 4 times, 2 as a guest in 39' Outer Limits, 2 times in my 24 Daytona. Truth is it was rough in both. You don't have to try and keep up with the leaders of your group as I did. :
    You don't even have to go to the card stops if you choose not, they will give you hands at the card turn in. To me the best part was the free beer, hourderves, with band on Friday night and the awards banquet Sat night.
    To summarize, I recommend running it.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Wendi
    I will allow you to embellish. Have fun LOL
    Ok thanks! So he couldn't find his way, missed cards stops, didn't get all his cards, came back early, enough said. Now had WMC been in the boat, he would have finished and received all his cards. Someone doesn't have a good sense of direction and neither did his co-pilots LOLOLOL!!!!!

I've done both and I say run it!!! But, keep in mind the water is ROUGH!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ok thanks! So he couldn't find his way, missed cards stops, didn't get all his cards, came back early, enough said. Now had WMC been in the boat, he would have finished and received all his cards. Someone doesn't have a good sense of direction and neither did his co-pilots LOLOLOL!!!!!
    Well that's partially true. I really don't know the lake all that well. 1-2X a year, maybe 6-8 trips total ever. Same for my co-pilots LOL.

Truth is you don't have to make all the stops anyway, you still get your cards. So it was kind of fun getting lost a little here and there.

In my little 26, I could miss both entrances to the Channel when its rough. I'm completely focused on the water. Maybe I should install that 5 place intercom I've had for 3 years