Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Al Bush, old driver of Crazy Horse drove a BFF in a Texas race for a team and clocked a pass at over 175 and change which at the time was the fastest flat pass....

Does anyone know what happened to that twin prop flat?

There was a gold colored twin prop flat. Did more than one boat have twin props or is that the same boat in the pic above?
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Johnny Heideman ran 176.04 at Dexter a few years ago with nitro in his Nightmare #641 boat, on the tee shirt I got from him it claims that to be the fastest BFF pass of all time. Don't know if he backed that up or not, maybe someone else can clarify

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outboardguru View Post
    I think you would still see those kinds of speeds but the ETs would be crazy low. You can load these things much harder now with the new start. Its hard to describe because with a flat bottom you have to be able to drive them with all that power. It's not just a point and shoot deal.

Bruce we have run 171 twice with Kevin's boat and at Havasu went 175. Normally though we are in the low to mid 160s in Kevins boat and mid to high 150s in Shazam. This all about to change though as we brought on Jim Lange who built Cole Flats back in the day. You will see passes in the 4's this year.
    BUMP....

THis was / IS a very interesting thread, thanks for bumping it back up Mr. Franger... How are you doing these days buddy???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    BUMP....

THis was / IS a very interesting thread, thanks for bumping it back up Mr. Franger... How are you doing these days buddy???
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

I understand Jim Lange is building a completely new flat tooling a new plug should be very interesting to see what he comes up with.

Flattie DRAG BOAT Top Speeds...

Bruce, is your question in regards to the speed limitations of a flat bottom hull only for 1,000'/ 1/4 milers?
    Look at the Kilo records, the K boats are running in the 140's with what 1500-1700hp. What could they do with another 1000hp? I mean how fast can they go? Take away the distance limits and turn them loose. Seems to me they're pretty close to that limit.
    Last edited by MrDenton; 08-16-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Bruce, is your question in regards to the speed limitations of a flat bottom hull only for 1,000'/ 1/4 milers?
    Look at the Kilo records, the K boats are running in the 140's with what 1500-1700hp. What could they do with another 1000hp? I mean how fast can they go? Take away the distance limits and turn them loose. Seems to me they're pretty close to that limit.
    Either or... I dont know much at all about the early days, I'm just curious where the realistic line is for a flattie hull... At mid 150's TheGuru makes them look like they are on rails from the rope to the 1000'...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Either or... I dont know much at all about the early days, I'm just curious where the realistic line is for a flattie hull... At mid 150's TheGuru makes them look like they are on rails from the rope to the 1000'...
    Bruce, first off a "flattie" hull can mean many different things considering how many varieties there are. The fastest flatties are runnerbottoms and have pushed up on 180 mph, but many have crashed much slower. The non runnerbottom circle hulls have been proven at just a tick over 150 and according to some team claims (which aren't verified) upper 150's. Again many have crashed much slower. So, with all conditions and factors perfect one can figure the best runnerbottom right around 180 and the best circle flat low 150's until these marks are raised.