Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Craigslist find

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    4.4 or 4.5 on a 427 block??? Sounds like we had better call L.A. Sleeve...
    Hey Einstein, break out your trusty highly tuned slide rule and tell be how you got those numbers from a .017/.027 or even a .020/,030 over bore with a 427 block?

Hey Bob, isn't it the early 390 blocks (and other early F.E.'s) and only the ones not affected by core shift that can take the 427 bore?

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Hey Einstein, break out your trusty highly tuned slide rule and tell be how you got those numbers from a .017/.027 or even a .020/,030 over bore with a 427 block?
    Here Bob, I will give you the factory tolerance list and let you figga it all out...

427 block "cylinder grade D" upper tolerance limit is 4.2364" diameter. This is a standard 427 bore, the tolerance range of which goes from 4.2328" to 4.2364". From 1958 through about 1967 there were 12 cylinder bore grade steps (12345678ABCD) of .0003" each, and from about 1968 through 1978 there were nine cylinder bore grade steps (123456ABC) with .0004" increments. I believe the number of steps was decreased because newer pistons used better thermal expansion technology.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

GUY IN AZ DIDNT PICK IT UP SO THE GUY CALLED THIS MORN...my guy just picked it up... it was originaly built for the owner of laveycraft same owner 30 yrs,,, i sold the motor already less marine hardware for $1500 ...AND I NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE !!!!!!! the guy who picked it up wanted the motor,,i worked this dealio for days just in case the guy didnt pick it up from az
    has a casale split cASE also nice finishline hardware i will be parting out the rest..let me know if you want anything off it...she will BE parted out over the weekend.....

one boat must die so a few more can live.....................MY NEW YRS RESO..........
    Last edited by mouzer; 01-16-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    FUGITIVE RECOVER/CHEATING SPOUSE/SKIP TRACE/STALKER

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by mouzer View Post
    GUY IN AZ DIDNT PICK IT UP SO THE GUY CALLED THIS MORN...my guy just picked it up... it was originaly built for the owner of laveycraft same owner 30 yrs,,, i sold the motor already less marine hardware for $1500 ...AND I NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE !!!!!!!
    has a casale split cASE also nice finishline hardware i will be parting out the rest..let me know if you want anything off it...she will BE parted out over the weekend.....

one boat must die so a few more can live.....................MY NEW YRS RESO..........
    So, is the hull in good shape?

whats your email (pm me)and i will send u detailed pics before its stripped

Needs to be your sig.

i may just do that................

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Hey Bob, isn't it the early 390 blocks (and other early F.E.'s) and only the ones not affected by core shift that can take the 427 bore?
    No Ford FE block can be bored to 4.23 except 427 blocks, regardless of core shift.
    Some, and very very few, 390s can be bore safely to 4.130 (406 and 428), and none of them are pre 1963 390s. There are the yahoos that say you can, but they are making any real power with them. Even then, the pistons have to be custom made. there are NO shelf stock 4.130 pistons anymore. Rings are priced like gold, with a VERY small selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Here Bob, I will give you the factory tolerance list and let you figga it all out...

427 block "cylinder grade D" upper tolerance limit is 4.2364" diameter. This is a standard 427 bore, the tolerance range of which goes from 4.2328" to 4.2364". From 1958 through about 1967 there were 12 cylinder bore grade steps (12345678ABCD) of .0003" each, and from about 1968 through 1978 there were nine cylinder bore grade steps (123456ABC) with .0004" increments. I believe the number of steps was decreased because newer pistons used better thermal expansion technology.
    Take the largest factory tolerance and add it to a the largest over bore I posted, and come up with a 4.4 or 4.5 bore,
    Put up the numbers Bruce, or turn in your Ford lover's hat and STFU
    GUY IN AZ DIDNT PICK IT UP SO THE GUY CALLED THIS MORN...my guy just picked it up... it was originaly built for the owner of laveycraft same owner 30 yrs,,, i sold the motor already less marine hardware for $1500 ...AND I NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE !!!!!!! the guy who picked it up wanted the motor,,i worked this dealio for days just in case the guy didnt pick it up from az

1500 for a 390 without the marine gear. That is either the dumbest man alive, or that isn't a 390. In which case he stole the engine.
    Last edited by gn7; 01-16-2014 at 01:55 PM.

he said something about the manifold is from a 427 so its the good fe motor and he was stoked to get it..