Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    This a good BBQ site, lots of good stuff here! http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5 Q-Talk
    Last edited by Hud; 01-10-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Last edited by Hud; 01-10-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Name:  IMG_0244.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  106.6 KB Tri-Tip & potato bombs tonight on Little Joe!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I did something a little off the normal BBQ path today... An annual tradition of my neighbors (they raise ALOT of hogs and used to live in MY house in the 60's) on the second weekend of January is to do their butchering/curing/smoking of a large lot of hogs... This is a big family and they have been doing this processing since the 60's...

I had my son do alot of filming so that he can put together a mini documentary of this dying art/craft...

EVERYTHING that doesnt get wrapped as CHOICE CUTS (bacon/chops/ribs/loin/breakfast sausage BULK and LINKS) goes into the big pots and is boiled and all of the meat pulled off and stuffed into casings for summer sausage... They do their own ham curing and it really is a art...

It sure is refreshing to see a HUGE family all together , working together and lauging their heads off with Grandma/Grandpa/kids/grandkids/great-grand kids... No fighting/bitching/crabbing at each other, just laughter and good times..

Name:  Alfred&Jean small.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  56.4 KB
    Alfred & Jean Wilmes and one of the great grand children, a future pork producer...
    Video/pictures of the PORK action in a bit...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 01-11-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Very Nice!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I did something a little off the normal BBQ path today... An annual tradition of my neighbors (they raise ALOT of hogs and used to live in MY house in the 60's) on the second weekend of January is to do their butchering/curing/smoking of a large lot of hogs... This is a big family and they have been doing this processing since the 60's...

I had my son do alot of filming so that he can put together a mini documentary of this dying art/craft...

EVERYTHING that doesnt get wrapped as CHOICE CUTS (bacon/chops/ribs/loin/breakfast sausage BULK and LINKS) goes into the big pots and is boiled and all of the meat pulled off and stuffed into casings for summer sausage... They do their own ham curing and it really is a art...

It sure is refreshing to see a HUGE family all together , working together and lauging their heads off with Grandma/Grandpa/kids/grandkids/great-grand kids... No fighting/bitching/crabbing at each other, just laughter and good times..

Name:  Alfred&Jean small.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  56.4 KB
    Alfred & Jean Wilmes and one of the great grand children, a future pork producer...
    Video/pictures of the PORK action in a bit...
    THis is just a quick little teaser of what went on at the Wilmes farm Saturday...

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 01-13-2014 at 11:59 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Brother in law was telling how he has bbq'd bonless chicken thighs in muffin tins and his kids get a kick out of them since they look like cupcakes.
    RSCHAP1