Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    Eli, here us a rib rub I use alot!Attachment 31128
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I always have to wait to put sugary rubs or sauces on until the end for fear of the sugar burning... Thats just me and the way I grill, I dont always have complete control of the heat and what is going on with the grill at our big cook outs...

Hud, did the meat have a bad flavor??? I would have expected it to taste as good as the steaks/lean meat... If not better... Maybe the sinews/fat of the elk has a bad flavor, I've never tried any fatty/sinew meat from an elk...
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    As for the biscut recipie, its allllllll technique... the ingredients are simple...

2 cups all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 level TBLSP baking powder
    thoroughly mixed...

Add 1 large TBLSP crisco to the flour mix and cut together with a pastry knife or fork until evenly mixed...

Add 1/2 tsp baking powder to 1/2 pint (one cup) of luke warm buttermilk and shake/mix thoroughly, it will start foaming pretty quick so you have to get it mixed into the flour mixture with a fork and then start gently kneeding... You cant over work the dough or your biscuits will be TOUGH, bring it together quickly and turn out onto a flourd surface, kneed together FOUR TIMES and stop, no more... You can drop them in lumps OR cut them with a biscuit cutter, lay onto warm pan/griddle that has about 3 TBLSP of shortning or butter and then flip them so that both the top and bottom are coated with melted shortning or butter to help them brown on top...

Bake at 425 and start watching them at 8-9 minutes so that you dont get the tops or bottoms too brown...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    As for the biscut recipie, its allllllll technique... the ingredients are simple...

2 cups all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 level TBLSP baking powder
    thoroughly mixed...

Add 1 large TBLSP crisco to the flour mix and cut together with a pastry knife or fork until evenly mixed...

Add 1/2 tsp baking powder to 1/2 pint (one cup) of luke warm buttermilk and shake/mix thoroughly, it will start foaming pretty quick so you have to get it mixed into the flour mixture with a fork and then start gently kneeding... You cant over work the dough or your biscuits will be TOUGH, bring it together quickly and turn out onto a flourd surface, kneed together FOUR TIMES and stop, no more... You can drop them in lumps OR cut them with a biscuit cutter, lay onto warm pan/griddle that has about 3 TBLSP of shortning or butter and then flip them so that both the top and bottom are coated with melted shortning or butter to help them brown on top...

Bake at 425 and start watching them at 8-9 minutes so that you dont get the tops or bottoms too brown...
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    You are most welcome Eli Mae... I started learning from my GMA some 20 years ago bcus none of my sisters or anyone else had any interest in learning to make them, they only eat them... Pretty lame IMHO...

The same thing happened with my GMAs pie crust...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  119.6 KB Frog legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    Name:  009.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  119.6 KB Frog legs!
    Did you make those?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Lol's- YES!

Name:  005.JPG
Views: 95