Hybrid View

Hot boat of the month jan ????

Are you guys not going to have the contest this month ? Maybe next ? Just wondering thanks a ton Kelly

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Good question. I finally got my boat finished and was ready to enter it and.... No more Hot Boat of the Month?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by She's Mine View Post
    Good question. I finally got my boat finished and was ready to enter it and.... No more Hot Boat of the Month?

Very good question. I didn't see Kelly's post from earlier this month, I apologize.

I believe in the Hotboat of the month contest, but it has proven difficult for us internally for several reasons. A decent amount of time is required to track and administer the contest. It also requires a fair amount of work on behalf of Admin. Its no secret that we missed deadlines several times last year because we are all very busy with other events or work or life in general. Its not the cooler or price of the cooler, its the time necessary to keep the contest going.

I don't have a problem with the Admin (site work) or the coolers, but none of us really have the time to keep the contest going.

If someone out there is interested in spending a few hours a week or so to keep the contest going, I'm very interested in talking to them about it.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Very good question. I didn't see Kelly's post from earlier this month, I apologize.

I believe in the Hotboat of the month contest, but it has proven difficult for us internally for several reasons. A decent amount of time is required to track and administer the contest. It also requires a fair amount of work on behalf of Admin. Its no secret that we missed deadlines several times last year because we are all very busy with other events or work or life in general. Its not the cooler or price of the cooler, its the time necessary to keep the contest going.

I don't have a problem with the Admin (site work) or the coolers, but none of us really have the time to keep the contest going.

If someone out there is interested in spending a few hours a week or so to keep the contest going, I'm very interested in talking to them about it.
    Make it GRADS job. Then maybe he'll stop whining about becoming a mod. Make him the contest mod.

[QUOTE=WESTERNAERO;84853]Make it GRADS job. Then maybe he'll stop whining about becoming a mod. Make him the contest mod.[/QUOTE
    If this happens no jet boats will ever be Hotboat of the month! LOL

WESTERNAERO
    [QUOTE=Boat38 Outa Place Racing;84862]
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Make it GRADS job. Then maybe he'll stop whining about becoming a mod. Make him the contest mod.[/QUOTE
    If this happens no jet boats will ever be Hotboat of the month! LOL
    Nah, it would only show him that fact that jet boats will always be more popular than some ocean boat.