Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Locked & Loaded

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    If I wasn't afraid of them, probably semi's. Glock's and Sig's. Rifles, probably Springfield M1A. Sawed off shotguns (according to Ca LOL) The Judge.

I would say the M1A is probably the most fun to shoot. The Judge with a 410-2 1/2 000 shot is also fun.

But like I said, guns scare me
    yeeep, the Judge is a nice little home security piece fosho.... work on that phobia will you???

I've never had the opportunity to play with a M1 garand or carbine...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    So HB, what is your favorite flava of guns???
    I only recently got into the ar game last year but I'm really liking them. Other than that I really like shotguns. I have a nice little collection of them. Probably cause I really enjoy upland game hunting. Other than that we enjoy playing with the .22's. Fun and cheap. If you can find ammo for them that is.

I don't like shotguns. If not for my friend's dad, I would've fallen back on my ass real hard.

The AR was fun to shoot, but is need a lighter one. I know I've got guns, but that AR was heavy.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

I don't like shotguns. If not for my friend's dad, I would've fallen back on my ass real hard.

The AR was fun to shoot, but is need a lighter one. I know I've got guns, but that AR was heavy.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    My ar was heavy with that old quad rail on it. It's a bit lighter now. My wife's ar is quite a bit lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    My ar was heavy with that old quad rail on it. It's a bit lighter now. My wife's ar is quite a bit lighter.
    Has she shot it yet? That's a really sweet looking AR!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Has she shot it yet? That's a really sweet looking AR!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    No not yet.

No not yet.
    I can break it in

Sent from my Bat Cave

No not yet.
    Weight is one of the main reasons I like the A1/A2 uppers versus a flat top... I was amazed at the weight difference... I have a 300AAC carbine that I built for deer hunting and wanted to keep it light, I am going to have a floating front hand guard but made out of carbon fiber tube using the JP floating hand guard BARREL NUT design ( guard attaches to the barrel nut with six pan head cap screws...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Weight is one of the main reasons I like the A1/A2 uppers versus a flat top... I was amazed at the weight difference... I have a 300AAC carbine that I built for deer hunting and wanted to keep it light, I am going to have a floating front hand guard but made out of carbon fiber tube using the JP floating hand guard BARREL NUT design ( guard attaches to the barrel nut with six pan head cap screws...
    Those older barrels are a lot lighter. That's where a lot of the weight savings comes from. Most of mine have heavier barrels than the pencil barrel that's on my dad's gun.

Those older barrels are a lot lighter. That's where a lot of the weight savings comes from. Most of mine have heavier barrels than the pencil barrel that's on my dad's gun.
    Yeeep, I have a few uppers built with the light contour barrels and several with the heavy contour barrel...

WIth the upper reciever, by the time you put all of the poop on the flat tops they get heavy... I like the higher line of sight on the A1/A2 uppers, this is how the gun was originally designed back in the late 50's...

P.S. I also like the carry handle in the woods for long treks...