Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Locked & Loaded

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Prolly the gun that I shoot the most... I put this together for my son about four years ago on his birthday...

.17HMR Ruger bolt action... This thing is wicked out to 100 yards and is CHEAP to shoot, the neighborhood squirrels HATE this mofo...

Name:  DSC01557.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  DSC01556.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  96.5 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    I put one together for my dad with an old colt upper like that one above. Triangle handguards and all. But I put a collapsible stock on it just cause I had one laying around. It's in the pics that Eli posted. It's got an original colt 3x scope on that carry handle too. Cool piece that shoots pretty well.
    You may want to find out if it is chambered in .223, .223 wylde OR 5.56x45... IF it is .223 wylde thats very cool as you can switch between 5.56 and .223 ammo, they are not the same...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    You may want to find out if it is chambered in .223, .223 wylde OR 5.56x45... IF it is .223 wylde thats very cool as you can switch between 5.56 and .223 ammo, they are not the same...
    All of my AR's can shoot .556 or .223. But I mainly stick with .556. It's a little hotter than most .223.

All of my AR's can shoot .556 or .223. But I mainly stick with .556. It's a little hotter than most .223.
    What do you mean by hotter? How does that change the way it shoots?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Prolly the gun that I shoot the most... I put this together for my son about four years ago on his birthday...

.17HMR Ruger bolt action... This thing is wicked out to 100 yards and is CHEAP to shoot, the neighborhood squirrels HATE this mofo...

Name:  DSC01557.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  DSC01556.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  96.5 KB
    Very nice. I've got one as well.

Unless you want to have a different stock or different type of handguards I'd just buy that Colt. That's not a bad deal. I could probably build you one for a little cheaper but it won't be a Colt. Now if you want it like mine with the longer handguard, magpul stock, custom trigger etc, it's probably better to build one.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    What do you mean by hotter? How does that change the way it shoots?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I believe its a little faster. Hotter charge. I can tell the recoil difference between the .223 and the .556 out of my rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Thanks
    If you just want a good shootin ar without all the custom crap we put on ours get the Colt.

I believe its a little faster. Hotter charge. I can tell the recoil difference between the .223 and the .556 out of my rifle.
    Thanks!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Right, I meant for Paul and the $850 colt... Hopefully it is chambered in the .223 wylde which is a tad more accurate with .223 ammo than shooting .223 out of a 5.56 AND there is no question about the .223 wylde handling the extra pressures that you will see with 5.56 ammo...

I shoot both through my 5.56 guns but the .223 has a bit of a JUMP to hit the lands in a 5.56 barrel... My eyes are so poor I wouldn't know if the gun was off OR if it was just my shitty aim... I think the .223 wylde chamber is a happy medium with regard to the slight variations in the OAL of a .223 ammo versus 5.56...