Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Nice Hud!

Some of Chuck Boyds Hobbits.

Name:  hobbitt.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  126.4 KB

Jerry, why did the Hobbit Racing team leave the Sangers to race the B Boats? I know we all love the B Boats ( me included ) as a former LD owner. But there must be a technical reason and I am sure you know why.

Thanks Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by msmeads View Post
    Jerry, why did the Hobbit Racing team leave the Sangers to race the B Boats? I know we all love the B Boats ( me included ) as a former LD owner. But there must be a technical reason and I am sure you know why.

Thanks Jerry
    I've probably asked Chuck this same question at one time or another, but to be honest I don't remember. I'll check with him next time I see him.

I do remember him telling me he went through a bunch of hulls (7 or 8 I think...?). Chuck had the only circle team receiving multiple "free" hulls from Sanger. The rigging was reused. Chuck Boyd Jr. Raced a Sanger in a Thanksgiving race that I taped (PS) back in 98 or 99. I don't know if it was an old Hobbit or not. Larry Dalhoff had what he said was the last Sanger Sanger Hobbit built and he used to bring it out to Irvine lake. I don't know who owns it currently, but I've seen it at Irvine after Larry passed.

This is Cold Fire vs the Sanger called "Justice".

I like the look of the Sangers also...... I read that Sanger Jack cut up the molds years ago because he was tired of all the liability, hopefully not true
    Last edited by westair; 01-08-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    SO based on what you guys DO know about the Sangers that were run by Team Hobbit, what were they OR what production hulls were they close to??? Top and Bottom...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    SO based on what you guys DO know about the Sangers that were run by Team Hobbit, what were they OR what production hulls were they close to??? Top and Bottom...
    The Hobbit Sangers were these Bruce.

Last edited by Sharp shooter; 01-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Which capsule boat was it....?
    Informed it never hit the water with the intended capsule.