Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Focking thieves

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    And yet, ever look at the main ingredient in Prolong???

No...what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    No...what is it?
    chlorinated alpha olefins. Don't ask. Point being, its 40+ % chlorine.
    Ever get chlorine bleach on your hands. Feels like your skin is melting. But its not.
    Get a drill bit squeak like a stuck pig and put chlorine bleach on it.

Its common as spit in cutting fluids.

http://www.cimcool.com/wp-content/up...s/newchlor.pdf

I wouldn't put Prolong, or ANTHING labeled AFMT on the label in my lawn mower (anti friction metal treatment)
    If the shit worked, the oil companies would add it you oil right in the can. Its only slightly more expensive than tap water.

Its ALL the same crap. There isn't 2 cents difference between any of them.

http://www.prolong.com/A_ET.html

http://www.proteclubricants.com/AFMT/AFMT.html

http://egifts98.sylera.com/

Motor Up
    Duralube
    and 1/2 dozen other snake oils.
    Last edited by gn7; 01-03-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    chlorinated alpha olefins. Don't ask. Point being, its 40+ % chlorine.
    Ever get chlorine bleach on your hands. Feels like your skin is melting. But its not.
    Get a drill bit squeak like a stuck pig and put chlorine bleach on it.

Its common as spit in cutting fluids.

http://www.cimcool.com/wp-content/up...s/newchlor.pdf

I wouldn't put Prolong, or ANTHING labeled AFMT on the label in my lawn mower (anti friction metal treatment)
    If the shit worked, the oil companies would add it you oil right in the can. Its only slightly more expensive than tap water.

Its ALL the same crap. There isn't 2 cents difference between any of them.

http://www.prolong.com/A_ET.html

http://www.proteclubricants.com/AFMT/AFMT.html

http://egifts98.sylera.com/

Motor Up
    Duralube
    and 1/2 dozen other snake oils.
    What he said ^^^
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

We see a lot of Toyita trucks missing catalytic converters, I guess your lucky, that's a bitch when they get stolen, they use portable chow saws and cut the pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefftowz View Post
    We see a lot of Toyita trucks missing catalytic converters, I guess your lucky, that's a bitch when they get stolen, they use portable chow saws and cut the pipes.
    At $1800 for a CARB certified, OEM cat, you bet you do. I had to replace mine at 81,000 miles.. fought with Toyota for 2 months, and they told me to pound sand. I'll never own another Toyota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Jefftowz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    At $1800 for a CARB certified, OEM cat, you bet you do. I had to replace mine at 81,000 miles.. fought with Toyota for 2 months, and they told me to pound sand. I'll never own another Toyota.
    For some reason, stolen cats seem to be a bigger problem with Japanese imports that anything else, and Toyotas more than the others. Maybe its because they are more prone to failure and need replacing, and their cost is higher. Don't know, but seems to be the case with stolen cats. They tag a co workers Toyota van while he was in the grocery store.

Depending on the year of the car/truck, you could have notified the state and the feds about Toyota's refusal to replace it. New cars and trucks by law must pass smog certification for 100,000 miles with no charge to you except the cost of the testing. This even includes sparkplugs, wires, coils injectors, what ever. The car/truck passes, or they fix it.
    My aunt had this problem, and I simply told her to take it to the dealer for smog certification, and if they ask you for more money than the test cert, turn them into the state/feds. When she picked it up, the charge was for the test only. But they did install a new cat.

For some reason, stolen cats seem to be a bigger problem with Japanese imports that anything else, and Toyotas more than the others. Maybe its because they are more prone to failure and need replacing, and their cost is higher. Don't know, but seems to be the case with stolen cats. They tag a co workers Toyota van while he was in the grocery store.

Depending on the year of the car/truck, you could have notified the state and the feds about Toyota's refusal to replace it. New cars and trucks by law must pass smog certification for 100,000 miles with no charge to you except the cost of the testing. This even includes sparkplugs, wires, coils injectors, what ever. The car/truck passes, or they fix it.
    My aunt had this problem, and I simply told her to take it to the dealer for smog certification, and if they ask you for more money than the test cert, turn them into the state/feds. When she picked it up, the charge was for the test only. But they did install a new cat.
    The MFG only had to guarantee the cat (smog compliance) for 80,000 miles or 8 years (or something close to that). it was couple years ago when I had to do it. If you have documentation stating 100,000 miles, I'd sure like to see it.
    Last edited by 28eliminator; 01-03-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Thats because cats for jap cars are from 300 to 1800 bucks a pop. My sons 02 honda accord needs one and aftermarket want 330. Total racket

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    The MFG only had to guarantee the cat (smog compliance) for 80,000 miles or 8 years (or something close to that). it was couple years ago when I had to do it. If you have documentation stating 100,000 miles, I'd sure like to see it.
    I think the 100,000 started in 2013 if I am not mistaken. It started years ago at 50,000, and has moved up bit by bit thru the years.
    It does suck when it fails just after the warranty is up.
    My aunts problem was around 55,000 on a 75,000 mile federal required warranty. They originally tried to tell her it was the muffler, and the muffler wasn't covered. It was the muffler. I was clogged full of the failed cat converter pieces. I told her to have them smog the car, and that pretty much pinned them in the corner.