Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    No Plane... Toyota
    Some guy found this walking his dog.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by HypNautic View Post
    No Plane... Toyota
    Some guy found this walking his dog.
    Yeah I remember that. Funny thing is there were no roads near there so they think the car floated a couple of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Yeah I remember that. Funny thing is there were no roads near there so they think the car floated a couple of miles.
    Which is exactly what that plane probably did once it hit the water. Aerodynamics and fluid dynamics are very similar. Now depending on the currents and the depth, that plane could have been taken a long ways down river before settling on the bottom.

If you want to find it, have you studied the water currents and done any calculations?

GRADS

I'm going to find this plane!

Here's a picture one of the Sherriff sent out yesterday showing what the sonar from their boat looked like yesterday.

GRADS
    They called off the search for now. I spent a few hours yesterday poking around.

Search of Folsom Lake ends after failing to pinpoint site of 1965 plane crash

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/21/609...nds-after.html

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Here's a picture one of the Sherriff sent out yesterday showing what the sonar from their boat looked like yesterday.
    Thats the "SONAR" they are using??? a Hummingbird? I think I still have a Hummingbird fish finder that shows me that stuff on the bottom.... want to borrow it?
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Probably find a boat down there, too.... or not.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowride View Post
    Probably find a boat down there, too.... or not.
    I did. It looks like my search is coming to an end. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of rain this weekend. I'm bummed.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391829060.903058.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  106.0 KB
    Last edited by GRADS; 02-07-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I'm interested in knowing how a 2-4" rain impacts the water level, keep us posted Grads...

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I'm interested in knowing how a 2-4" rain impacts the water level, keep us posted Grads...
    My search is over. Bummer! The lake has gone up 12 feet and is continuing to go up at almost a foot an hour. I felt like I was so close.