Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Miss Managed Assets's Avatar
    Not solo, pilot flying and one passenger right behind him. The pilot (who flew in Vietnam, pretty cool)said it takes 6 months to get a license to fly one of these including your training hours.

Oh, I didn't realize they can carry two people. Makes since the training. Are you gonna go up in one MMA?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

The water is an incredible view from up above. I'm going to have to try that in the near future, looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your trip with us including the resource. Back in the day (1988 - 1994) we use to fly a parasail on our river trips. We flew that thing over Lake Powell, Lake Mojave, Lake Havasu and even on the river. When we flew this thing on the river we would start south of Jack Smith Park and Land in the river just before Park Moabi due to a couple of power lines. I got pretty good at maneuvering that parasail, I always wanted to pull one of my passengers under the power lines but deep down inside I didn't want to put there lives on the line if you know what I mean. The parasail was one of the best river toys we had in our arsenal of fun. The picture shown is me flying @ Lake Powell. B.T.W. because the parasail was ours taking up a beer or a cocktail was the parasailers option...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Miss Managed Assets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize they can carry two people. Makes since the training. Are you gonna go up in one MMA?

CH3NO2
    78 was the Guinea Pig, maybe I'll go up next time
    Name:  017.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  73.6 KB Name:  018.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  69.8 KB Name:  019.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  70.0 KB Name:  020.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  75.4 KB
    Last edited by Miss Managed Assets; 12-31-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    The water is an incredible view from up above. I'm going to have to try that in the near future, looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your trip with us including the resource. Back in the day (1988 - 1994) we use to fly a parasail on our river trips. We flew that thing over Lake Powell, Lake Mojave, Lake Havasu and even on the river. When we flew this thing on the river we would start south of Jack Smith Park and Land in the river just before Park Moabi due to a couple of power lines. I got pretty good at maneuvering that parasail, I always wanted to pull one of my passengers under the power lines but deep down inside I didn't want to put there lives on the line if you know what I mean. The parasail was one of the best river toys we had in our arsenal of fun. The picture shown is me flying @ Lake Powell. B.T.W. because the parasail was ours taking up a beer or a cocktail was the parasailers option...
    Awesome always wanted to try that...

Here's a couple donkeys.

Name:  UltraLight_Donkeys.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  63.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    78, I assume ultra is solo, what kind of training does it require? Looks like an incredible experience!

CH3NO2
    The instructor told me that you don't need a certificate (License) to fly an Ultralight by yourself. However, if you want to get your Sports License so you can fly with a passenger you have to do about 15 hours of flying with an instructor and 5 hours solo. You are probably looking at 35 to 40 hours with flight and ground school. The instructor that I used is pretty expensive at $140 an hour but he is an awesome instructor and has been flying Ultralights since 1979. He learned to fly in the military. I just did an introductory flight with him but it gave me 1 hour towards my 15 hours.

I was finally able to upload some of the video I took. The Nautical Inns internet upload speed sux.

Last edited by 78Southwind; 01-02-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Crazy how low the water is.. Looks like fun!!

Question??? Do you know what the weight limit is to be able to fly?