Page 96 of 176 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    lol If no one knows its Ok to sing them at the top of your lungs as long as the windows are rolled up in the car
    I really like this band also!
    Hellz yes, Chrissie Hynde is my favorite female rocker ever. She's never received the acclaim she rightfully deserves. I can go on forever about Hynde and the Pretenders, and James Honeyman-Scott and his unique style.

I hated Back on the Chain Gang when I was in high school. Never really listened to the lyrics, but wow. I guess she wrote the song for her breakup with Kins front man Ray Davies, but after Honeyman-Scott died, tailored the song for him.

The fact Hynde continued on, despite losing Honeyman-Scott and Farndon, speaks volumes about her talent.

Honeyman-Scott tearing it up in this great version

Latka introducing the original lineup on "Fridays". Anybody else remember that show? Bummer that shortly after this was filmed, Farndon and Honeyman-Scott died. Farndon in full Karate kid gear (hey, it was 81' and the Cobra Kai's sucked).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    How about this one, it cracks me up, Leon is wasted in the background, along with his other hillbilly friends at the Willie Nelson Family Picinic, check out the other vids with him in it.

I remember my pops taking us to Disneyland to see Doug Kershaw - where the Rockets used to be and is now the Star Wars show deal. Doug Kershaw Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee Oooooooooooooooooo This version doesn't show it, but there's a cute chick flashing her titties at Kershaw, which is whay he says "you're bad" in the middle of the song.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post

Great songs.

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    Hellz yes, Chrissie Hynde is my favorite female rocker ever. She's never received the acclaim she rightfully deserves. I can go on forever about Hynde and the Pretenders, and James Honeyman-Scott and his unique style.

I hated Back on the Chain Gang when I was in high school. Never really listened to the lyrics, but wow. I guess she wrote the song for her breakup with Kins front man Ray Davies, but after Honeyman-Scott died, tailored the song for him.

The fact Hynde continued on, despite losing Honeyman-Scott and Farndon, speaks volumes about her talent.

Honeyman-Scott tearing it up in this great version

Latka introducing the original lineup on "Fridays". Anybody else remember that show? Bummer that shortly after this was filmed, Farndon and Honeyman-Scott died. Farndon in full Karate kid gear (hey, it was 81' and the Cobra Kai's sucked).
    Ok seriously, did you work in the music industry or something? I mean damn, you know a whole lot of behind the music facts.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Ok seriously, did you work in the music industry or something? I mean damn, you know a whole lot of behind the music facts.
    Nah, I just love music.

I respect musicians for two reasons, 1) They bring a lot of joy to this world - you can be busted ass poor, but still enjoy music 2) I like tenacious people. Takes a lotta balls to try to make it as a musician, and even if you don't "make it", to keep trying and keep playing...I like that perseverance and commitment to making others happy.

One of the few dreams I have in life is to learn how to play guitar. I don't dream of fabulous wealth, big houses, big toys. Those things are nice if they come along, but the time required to learn guitar has escaped me for many years, and that's what I hope to do someday. Retire to our vacation home in Kaua'i and pick all day long (not much else to do there, lol).

Hey RR84, go over to Vimeo and search for Massive Attack Paradise Circus uncensored...and report back...

Great songs.

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Lol, Neil is one of the artist we don't talk about, kind of like the Carpenters, Elton John too. Nope, never listen to them.

How about the original Taylor Swift? Started out Country, then said see ya' after getting her foot in watch?]
    Here is another one we don't talk about lol