Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My first memory is the Catalina Ski Races 2013 when I met two hot chicks...Wendi and Renee, on the back of a tailgate. WMC got me a shot of sweaty balls and made me a drink and he didn't even know who I was. I felt so welcomed and thought...these people can party like rock stars. It was love at first bite

Sent from my Bat Cave

I found the sites realjetboats and the classicboatbeachbash first which ended up leading me to Hotboat. I think my first post might have been a question about purchasing a new starter. I signed up on HB around 02 or 03 and mostly hung out in just jets. Also i convinced a buddy of mine that moved to Sweden to share the cost of the pay HB site. Him and i both grew up on boats. He was so home sick seeing all the cool boats and lifestyle he moved to Lake Havasu. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 12-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.

I can't even remember that long ago. Sometime in 2004 though. First forum I ever signed up for.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    WMC got me a shot of sweaty balls and made me a drink and he didn't even know who I was.
    You can't tell me that's your first sweaty ball shot from someone you just met.

I got started young. really young. My first memories of the river and boats were at the races at I believe Parker. My folks were camping right next to the river and I remember being VERY young and watching the race. Later my dad bought a cheetah with a 100hp merc on the back and we loved that boat. But we out grew it fast. Dad sold it and went out and bought us an eliminator 20' daycruiser with a 460 in it and a Berkeley jet. great boat, we LOVED it. skied our asses off behind it. We did crazy horse, Macintyres south of Blythe, some place with cartoon charactors all over the place, as well as every skiable lake from Silverwood to Shasta. Whiskeytown, Nacimiento, everywhere. Our good friends, the Christians, were our next door neighbors and they joined us in the boating thing. YOU may remember Christians farmers market off Imperial at the 91, they owned that. They now own Boars head beef down south. After I grew up, I had a hallett 21', sold it and went in with the folks on a sport nautique ski boat, (we had a home in Arrowhead those years) sold it and bought the vector and ran it up there for a long time, and sold that and now have the lightning.....I think the lightning is my first REAL hotboat...never ran anything with this kind of power....kind of intimidated by it till I learn to drive it better. I started with HB in what? 2006?? ish??

I signed up on HB a couple years before it folded.
    I have fond memories of harassing "triple digits" without mercy about his stingray death trap.
    I actually got banned like 3 times in a row for posting the Grads &-:$ sucking emoticon.
    Then poof, it was gone.

I post on all the sites, one has by far the best tech sections, one is strictly to screw with TB, and my political rants are known to most on the other sites.

I have never been banned or infracted since the original HB, somehow.
    Tommy

"So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

Gen. George S Patton

My first memory of Hot Boat was walking into a friends shop (Kenny, aka Trim man) (RIP). I think that was his screen name, and he had it up on his computer, went home and signed up....

Quote Originally Posted by lemon13 View Post
    my earliest memory with hotboat is about 7 weeks ago when i was searching for a 240 Hallett to buy and stumbled upon one on Hotboat. i ended up buying it and i think i got a great deal. i can't wait to get it out more then just the test drive. since then i have been on this site almost every day. everybody seems very cool and i really like checking out all the pictures and videos.Attachment 29479
    Welcome!!

Nice boat. And nice people you bought it from

Sent from somewhere on the water
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

When the wife and I decided to get back into boats in 2005, I was doing a lot of internet searches. Like 78Southwind, I came across CCCB and Southwindjetboat.com. It led me to HotBoat.com. SWJBs.com was a site run by my cousin's kid. HB got me in touch with both my cousin's kids, with whom we lost track of after moving a lot with work.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    You can't tell me that's your first sweaty ball shot from someone you just met.
    That wasn't...people pass that crap around like they don't wanna drink it themselves

Sent from my Bat Cave