Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GRADS

HotBoat.com....Where it all Started!

What is your earliest HotBoat.com memory?

Mine is from over a decade ago! I found Hotboat.com (maybe .net at the time) in late 2001 or 2002 by doing an internet search for "Hot Boats" because back then that is what I called all boats that went over 60 m.p.h. and had a loud V-8 in them. At the time I owned an 18' SeaRay and figured I had no business posting with the guys that had the big boy boats. ....BTW, If any current members feel this way, start posting....don't be afraid or intimidated. We all share the love of boats no matter if it's a SeaRay or Cigarette.

I actually signed up for a screen name in early 2003 (grads2112) and only posted a few well thought out questions about Eliminators because that's what I was looking to upgrade to.

Shortly after that the filter from my brain to my fingertips broke and well, the rest is history....but that's "Where it all Started" for me.
    Last edited by GRADS; 12-29-2013 at 11:49 AM.

I got my first boat (a jet boat of all things) in 2001. Saw someone at Lake berryessa with a boat that had Lake havasu as his home city. Did a search, found a couple forums regarding boats.
    Hot boat intimidated me what with all the people that posted a lot and they all seemed like they knew each other so I started posting on Havasu Dougs forum. Seemed a lot less intimidating, but also a lot less frequented.
    We actually went to Havasu in 02 or 03 thinking of participating in the OP6 thing but chickened out because of the stories of big water on the lake and shit.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    Hot boat intimidated me what with all the people that posted a lot and they all seemed like they knew each other so I started posting on Havasu Dougs forum.
    Funny because I think most first time posters feel that way. Are a bunch of drunk boaters really that intimidating?

I joined HotBoat sometime around 2002 under the name v-drive video. There were several of us back then with multiple alias's that we all shared the passwords for, but that's another story.

my earliest memory with hotboat is about 7 weeks ago when i was searching for a 240 Hallett to buy and stumbled upon one on Hotboat. i ended up buying it and i think i got a great deal. i can't wait to get it out more then just the test drive. since then i have been on this site almost every day. everybody seems very cool and i really like checking out all the pictures and videos.Name:  .jpg
Views: 231
Size:  323.2 KB

My earliest memory is an engine cover thread last wednesday. Boy, those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by go4broke View Post
    My earliest memory is an engine cover thread last wednesday. Boy, those were the days!
    Lol, in 10 years it will be old school

GRADS
    You know, that's what makes this place great... old and new posters.

I actually was posting (very little) on the old HB back in the day and then checked out for a while.....when I came back looking for it one day.....it was gone!

I was Googeling for info on Schiadas one day and found another boating site that eventually led me here. I've been hanging out with a bunch of the folks here for a number of years now in various places.

I agree that meeting and hanging out with folks in person changes things, not only cuz you think twice about what you say but I think even more importantly you have a much better feel for when someone is just having fun with you vs. just taking shots!!

Thanks Vic and everyone else for keeping this a cool place to hang out!!

My first HotBoat memory was quite bad actually!
    Couldnt register cuz I was not american, the anti-bot filter thought I was a russian virus or something like that lol
    However, the HotBoat staff fixed it for me