Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I turn 50 in 2014!!!

And this is what I want to go do for my 50th birthday!!!

GRADS
    That's horrible man. I'm 100% against killing a live animal unless you're going to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    That's horrible man. I'm 100% against killing a live animal unless you're going to eat it.

Normally I would agree with you. But these hogs are not edible. They are feral and not tasty at all. They are considered a pest, like a coyote. There is no season for them, nor is there a bag limit. They do millions upon millions upon millions of dollars worth of damage to crops every year. Killing them like this really doesn't even begin to dent the population, this is just for sport. But again, you for the most part can not eat them. They do however collect them sometimes for things like dogfood....

Quite the coincidence, I'm turning 50 also.
    As much as I like guns I'm kind of with Greg on this one. I'd probably be a vegetarian if I had to kill an animal to eat.
    At least I can kill ants or flys or spiders. My wife pretty much can't even kill them.

I am in agreement that of you kill/hunt then you should eat it.

But, from what Tishimself is explaining, in this situation, that would be like saying you have to eat the gofers, possums, rats, mice etc...that we find and kill in our yards. GROSS!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Brian, Greg, you would see it a lot different if you were a farmer whose fields get trashed by rooting hogs. Eli is right, they are in the same class as gophers, mice, rats, coyotes, you can shoot them from sunup to sunset, and the farmers will praise you for it...but seriously, this is a national problem...they do damage to everything everywhere they go. Hogs are some of the most destructive animals on earth.

Take a look.....

Last edited by Tishimself; 12-29-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    Brian, Greg, you would see it a lot different if you were a farmer whose fields get trashed by rooting hogs. Eli is right, they are in the same class as gophers, mice, rats, coyotes, you can shoot them from sunup to sunset, and the farmers will praise you for it...but seriously, this is a national problem...they do damage to everything everywhere they go. Hogs are some of the most destructive animals on earth.

Take a look.....
    Don't get me wrong. I know those critters need to get eradicated to some point but I personally couldn't do it unless my life depended on it.

I started hunting back in the 70's. I quit hunting more than 10 years ago because most of the game in Ca taste like shit and I wasn't going to pay a grip of money to hunt out of state. I too don't like to kill just for the sake of killing. The game in Ca feeds on scrub brush mostly, and so that's what they taste like.

Feral Hogs are basically rodents. They have no redeeming value, they're not a native species, and they cost the local economies millions of dollars. Like the TisHimself stated, this is more of a eradication a than a game hunt. If those of you who disapprove of this spent BIG $$$$ putting in a beautiful yard and then had a gopher infestation tearing the shit out of your new yard, sprinklers and all, would you care if the exterminator enjoyed killing them?
    Last edited by Icecreaman; 12-29-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreaman View Post
    I started hunting back in the 70's. I quit hunting more than 10 years ago because most of the game in Ca taste like shit and I wasn't going to pay a grip of money to hunt out of state. I too don't like to kill just for the sake of killing. The game in Ca feeds on scrub brush mostly, and so that's what they taste like.

Feral Hogs are basically rodents. They have no redeeming value, they're not a native species, and they cost the local economies millions of dollars. Like the TisHimself stated, this is more of a eradication a than a game hunt. If those of you who disapprove of this spent BIG $$$$ putting in a beautiful yard and then had a gopher infestation tearing the shit out of your new yard, sprinklers and all, would you care if the exterminator enjoyed killing them?
    And I suppose I just plain hate hogs....lol.....

Wendi
    Tis I'm with you on this one. They are an annoyance and they plate over populated. Someone on the boards does the copter hunting. MY BIL does the now and arrow kill. I think he knows someone that does the copter too. His board name is 3pairs12. Happy 50th