Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Possem problem...

So a couple months ago in the middle of the night I heard this scratching noise in the house and it was loud. Long story short there was a possem under the house and it was scratching the bathtub. Scared the shit out of me.

I find a 'crawl' space. It is like maybe 8 to 10 inches wide so no human can get under the house. About two weeks ago Dad ordered me a trap. He comes over and we set the trap up.. practiced a couple times. Set up the food.. About 8:00 ish I heard a SNAP!!! Got him. Text'd Dad.. we got him LOL

So Dad comes over to release him and what a cluster... So we take the cage over to a ravin (sp). As we were driving over he said you going to do this next time..right? I said well that will be determined as to how well this goes . LOL... I highly doubt it though.,

OMFG. So we practiced the set up... not so much the release. So when he finally get's the cage open. he has to shake this SOB out. I'm am dying.. dying laughing. I said If I catch another there is no way in fucking hell I'm doing this LMAO

So fast forward to today. Dad wanted me to put the cage in the garage. I'm cleaning up all the Christmas aftermath and thought... oh I gotta put the cage in the garage. Guess what's in the cage

I'm gonna video this shit tomorrow for sure LOL

I heard a small crash last week late at night. The dogs didn't bark much and with my knee being jacked up I didn't feel like investigating. The next day my wife discovered this guy and snapped this pic. He was alive, but with the ladder removed he still couldn't move much. He sure was pissed though...We had animal control take him away.

Laughing!

Did you catch another one today Rvrmom?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I don't know what is going on with the possums and raccoons, but I have caught more of them in the passed 18 months than in all the time I have owned my house. I see way more road kill as well.
    First thing I learned was, that you can catch 1, or 100 of the sumbitchs, and animal control would have anything to do with them. Unless like in Shooters case it is badly injured. But in a trap? Forget it. They don't even care to hear you trapped one.

So you have no choice but to do as rvrmom did, and take it somewhere and release it.
    Killing a possum or raccoon is highly frowned upon.

Not exactly sure why mice, rats and gophers are fair game, but they are.

The Opossum got shaken loose in the Ravine.

From my POS T-mobile thingie
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

GRADS
    Is a possem like a possy or something or do you mean opossum?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Is a possem like a possy or something or do you mean opossum?
    Were you born in a cave to some Neanderthals? An O what???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possum

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Were you born in a cave to some Neanderthals? An O what???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possum
    Very first thing it says there is:
    For the Western Hemisphere marsupial, see opossum.
    Possums are in other parts of the world. We all say possum too just to confuse ourselves further. Lol
    From my POS T-mobile thingie
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

I hear they're good eatin 😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I hear they're good eatin 😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Have you ever seen one crawl out of a dead cows rear end? :p

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2