Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just roast the sumbitches on the barby during a "no burn day" and tell them its a need to survive thing, and then invite the tree hugger to dinner,

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Is a possem like a possy or something or do you mean opossum?
    It all depends if it's on a leash or on a plate. In Hawaii possem is only second to Spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It all depends if it's on a leash or on a plate. In Hawaii possem is only second to Spam.
    Common street pigeon must be a close running 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Common street pigeon must be a close running 3rd.
    Yet they have no couth. At least the Frogs call it Squab.

Possom problem???? catch and release - WTF????

NO PROBLEM......
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

You need a more powerfull 22.
    One shot from mine and it was all over.
    shot two of them this summer.
    Wood chucks and rabbits don't live long either.
    Got one fox for sure and possible another also. ( Havn't seen the possible since the 300 Ft shot )
    I have small dogs that would be lunch for a fox.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrmom View Post
    So a couple months ago in the middle of the night I heard this scratching noise in the house and it was loud. Long story short there was a possem under the house and it was scratching the bathtub. Scared the shit out of me.

I find a 'crawl' space. It is like maybe 8 to 10 inches wide so no human can get under the house. About two weeks ago Dad ordered me a trap. He comes over and we set the trap up.. practiced a couple times. Set up the food.. About 8:00 ish I heard a SNAP!!! Got him. Text'd Dad.. we got him LOL

So Dad comes over to release him and what a cluster... So we take the cage over to a ravin (sp). As we were driving over he said you going to do this next time..right? I said well that will be determined as to how well this goes . LOL... I highly doubt it though.,

OMFG. So we practiced the set up... not so much the release. So when he finally get's the cage open. he has to shake this SOB out. I'm am dying.. dying laughing. I said If I catch another there is no way in fucking hell I'm doing this LMAO

So fast forward to today. Dad wanted me to put the cage in the garage. I'm cleaning up all the Christmas aftermath and thought... oh I gotta put the cage in the garage. Guess what's in the cage

I'm gonna video this shit tomorrow for sure LOL
    This is a 100% true story, my uncle lives pretty close to forest park (st louis metro area) and he would catch squirrels in a live trap constantly... He is retired and has nothing but time on his hands so he would drive over to forest park and turn the vermin loose... but after somewhere around #30 or #40 he got tired of the trip to the park... he no longer has his dachshund dog that would catch them and eat them so he had to come up with a better plan bcuz the squirrels destroy his tomato plants...

He found a cardboard box that just fits over the metal cage and put a shop vac hose into the box, puts the other end in the tailpipe of his car and lets them have five minutes of car exhaust fumes, game over... Puts them in a plastic shopping bag and drops them in his trashcan... he quit counting after he passed the 150 squirrel mark and his neighborhood is STILL crawling with the little bastards...

As for the "POSSUMS", I hear they taste like chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerer View Post
    You need a more powerfull 22.
    One shot from mine and it was all over.
    shot two of them this summer.
    Wood chucks and rabbits don't live long either.
    Got one fox for sure and possible another also. ( Havn't seen the possible since the 300 Ft shot )
    I have small dogs that would be lunch for a fox.

17HMR is really hell on them... My .22 benjamin pellet rifle does them in too...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 12-28-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I have a 1100 FPS .17 pellet rifle but it won't drop a wood chuck or opossum. For those I haul out the 22 LR. I use the pellet rifle on the chip monks, the squirrels that won't stay out of the bird feeders and the rabbits that won't stay out of my flower beds.

Squirrel Launching is the fix for them problems

1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/