Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boating a Half Century Ago.......

My Pops sent me home with about 900 slides of family adventures. I'm slowly converting them to digital versions (pain in the ass by the way). This is how it used to be done.....
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice! That's how you do it, thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to see how it was done back in the day! What are you using to convert them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothalos View Post
    Nice! That's how you do it, thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to see how it was done back in the day! What are you using to convert them?

Something called a SVP Filmscanner. Plugs into computer. Little tray with cover that you place each slide into (3 at a time) then slide the tray thru the converter dealio. At each image, press the button on top and it scans into the computer as a jpg into the photo library.

The pain in the ass part is that my Pops liked to use the metal slide trays where each slide is mounted to a mini-frame, then placed into the tray. So each slide has to be pulled from the tray, then the mini-frame then inserted into the new converter tray, then flip around the backwards/upside down, then scan, then reverse the entire process.

By the way, pic #3 above is an early Captain Campbell Carl in the boat with Pops along side.

CC

Great pictures.....love the old days

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    By the way, pic #3 above is an early Captain Campbell Carl in the boat with Pops along side.

CC
    And the first one is Humphrey Bogart and the African Queen?

your Pop teaching ya boating and getting some quality time on the water :

Those are neat pictures CC. I enjoy old pictures of everything. This year I had several 8mm tapes converted to digital from my parents and grand parents era. The sound did not transfer because some were over 50 years old.
    CH3NO2

Wendi

Wow CC that is awesome thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    And the first one is Humphrey Bogart and the African Queen?

My Pops with the catch of the day. Guessing that was fishing on the river at Bullhead City. His boat is the one of the left of the pic.......the "Fiskeren" Fish getter in Danish.

CC

That's some cool stuff there..