Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    1. H: Mona
    2. M: Mehdi
    3. H: Robert
    4. H: Dave (Djunkie)
    5. M: Thomas Rogers
    6: H: Nick Rose
    7: H: Grads
    This is a really cool thing you're doing. Thanks Eli!

Quote Originally Posted by NRI View Post
    This is a really cool thing you're doing. Thanks Eli!
    No need to thank me, I'm honored to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I just found out today that someone I work with, whom I've known for a decade has cancer. She's a single mom in her late 20s so I would've never expected this. She's so positive and strong it was tough for me to believe something was wrong with her. The owner of my company announced it today because she's been out sick for a few days.

I love running and have ran a few charity marathons this year. I'm not sure what I have going on in March, but if I'm available to run I'm down.

I won this brick for taking 4th place in a 5k I did in Chino earlier this year.
    Wow, that's a great prize for a great cause!

That would be awesome if you ran it with me!

Would you mind giving me her name, first name only is fine, I'd like to add her to my list of people I am running in Honor of. Everyone counts!

[QUOTE=niceguyeddie;71206]I just found out today that someone I work with, whom I've known for a decade has cancer. She's a single mom in her late 20s so I would've never expected this. She's so positive and strong it was tough for me to believe something was wrong with her. The owner of my company announced it today because she's been out sick for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS933 View Post
    The've come a long ways, prayers with her. My sister in law beat breast cancer and it wasn't that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.daytona View Post
    Do you run or did you just decide to bust out a half marathon?!!! Very good cause. My list would be too long for your shirt :(
    Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    Wow Eli....this is amazing!!! Unfortunately, cancer affects more people than we realize.

I've had just about enough of the big "C" in my life: Lost my maternal grandma to colon cancer in early 2001; paternal grandpa to Cancer of the blood, I believe, in 2000, paternal aunt to I believe cervical cancer in 2006 and my dad to a very aggressive form of stomach cancer this past March-gone in 4 mos.

NRI would be honored and proud to have his name on your shirt!

H: Nick Rose


    Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    I neglected to mention earlier my beloved Uncle Doc, my Dads brother, is losing his battle with a brain tumor.....this time next year...another empty seat at the family table.....sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I start slow and taper off... ^^^

Early this year my wife was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and it was a very early detection... It was removed from the bridge of her nose with the "mote procedure" and there is literally no sign of the surgery... She had stitches from top to bottom on her nose, in order to see the scar you would have to be six inches from her face, literally...

Being a red head AND growing up out in the sun, I make annual trips to the dermatologist... Just went one month or so ago and they always end up freezing about 5-6 spots on my face... A former dermatologist that I was seeing told me that with my skin type and the spots that he detected that I should be coming in for exams every SIX MONTHS...

DON'T delay folks, this is serious stuff... I lost a close friend from church earlier this year from the long term effects of four years of basal cell carcinoma... My father has had some pretty major surgery on his ears/nose as did his mother...

Getting set up with a dermatologist can be a pain in the azz because they are SOOOOO busy but please please take the time and get yourself checked out... In the last 10 years I would estimate that I have had 50-60 spots frozen/scraped/removed from my face/arms/shoulders...
    Please don't hesitate to give me names, that's my purpose and goal. I want people to see just how many people are effected by Cancer. Don't worry about me not having enough room on my shirt. I will wear a head to toe leotard if I have to, but I WILL MAKE EVERY NAME FIT! Without awareness we can't warn others to get checked and save their lives.

So sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry! :(

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. Prayers for she and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS933 View Post
    The've come a long ways, prayers with her. My sister in law beat breast cancer and it wasn't that bad.

Thank you.

I picked a route with very little incline as the decline kills my knee. I can walk 13 miles in less than 3 hours so, I'm thinking I should be able to finish for sure.

Thing is as difficult it will be for me, it's nothing compared to what people who have cancer are going through. So, I'll put on my big girl pants and suck it up!

I did two century (100) bike rides in 2008 and raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. That was a tough 6 weeks of training.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Just start out small. I started running again a little over a year ago. I would run a treadmill mile to warm up at the gym, but hitting the streets is much different. The 1st run I did was a 5 mile mountain trail with a friend and I couldn't believe I finished however I could barely walk for a week. A few months later he and I ran around the Newport Back Bay (11 miles) and I surprised myself again. I kept putting the negative thought in my head that I couldn't do it alone and now I run that distance solo no prob. I started running solo and would make a goal of 3 miles.. then on to 4 then 6 then to 8 now I'm doing over 10 miles on a run. Just start out small. If you run a mile, you're a runner! Speed and distance don't matter as long as your lacing up and getting out there. Running is a full body work out, so switch it up with days at the gym to build muscle.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 12-19-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Thank you.

Just start out small. I started running again a little over a year ago. I would run a treadmill mile to warm up at the gym, but hitting the streets is much different. The 1st run I did was a 5 mile mountain trail with a friend and I couldn't believe I finished however I could barely walk for a week. I started running solo and would make a goal of 3 miles.. then on to 4 then 6 then to 8 now I'm doing over 10 miles on a run. Just start out small. If you run a mile, you're a runner! Speed and distance don't matter as long as your lacing up and getting out there. Running is a full body work out, so switch it up with days at the gym to build muscle.
    I can run 4 miles right now. I was going to put myself on a training schedule

M, W, F run 4 miles; Sun, Tuesday Thursday weights

Saturday
    increase run by 1 mile per week; so week one will be 4 miles and week two 5 etc…

What is the max miles I need to train for? When we did the century rides we never rode more than 85 miles at one time before actually doing the 100 miles.

My problem is I hate running on a treadmill, so I will have to get some pepper spray. It's dark out when I can go.

No need to thank me, I'm honored to do it.
    We need more hearts like this in our country!! I lost my dad when I was only 19.. He went from being his normal self out in the garage every day working on his hot rod to passing in just a few months.. He got skin cancer probably from being at the river a little to much..lol.. He was a true hot boater and had many fast boats.. Fastest was a 78 19 daytona he bought with out one hole in it and built and rigged it him self.. Ran 108 the only time someone had a radar with one of his smaller motors.. God speed and FUCK cancer!!

F**k Cancer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papaletch4130 View Post
    We need more hearts like this in our country!! I lost my dad when I was only 19.. He went from being his normal self out in the garage every day working on his hot rod to passing in just a few months.. He got skin cancer probably from being at the river a little to much..lol.. He was a true hot boater and had many fast boats.. Fastest was a 78 19 daytona he bought with out one hole in it and built and rigged it him self.. Ran 108 the only time someone had a radar with one of his smaller motors.. God speed and FUCK cancer!!
    I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like a a great dad!

May I run in Memory of him and add him to my shirt?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Yes sir!! his name was Randy Letcher and thank you! But i want some pics!! lol